3 Things I Want To See In AoA!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Judah, Dec 15, 2014.

1. TheR999

TheR999 Adventurer Adventurer

>New members tell me to read the wiki

You mean this link?: http://age-of-aincrad.gamepedia.com/Oculus_Rift

"Right now, we WANT to integrate Oculus Rift with the game, but with the LACK OF FUNDS TO AFFORD DEVELOPMENT KITS we CAN'T build the game around it. It MAY be something we add towards the end of open beta."

Dont count your chickens before they hatch kiddo :^)

2. DeViper

DeViper Adventurer Adventurer

But isn't that what he/she(sorry I don't know lol) said?..

Tōka likes this.
  3. Stratosfyr

Stratosfyr Veteran Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Edit:

"Right now, we want to integrate Oculus Rift with the game, but with the lack of funds to afford development kits we can't build the game around it. It may be something we add towards the end of open beta."

Myself saying after it will (because it will eventually): Toka: "likely begin to implement it during open beta."

I never meant to say it WILL, buteven if I did I am an optimist so shut it ;) it WILL happen~

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  4. TheR999

TheR999 Adventurer Adventurer

They would still have to get the money together to implement it, and seeing how they barely have a plan on how to fund this project even now its rare that itll happen. To be honest Ive heard people saying this game isnt ever going to be finished so beyond even buying the Rift they would have to make it to beta.

5. Stratosfyr

Or they can just outsource and get 2-3 forum members who already have oculus rift to become devs.

and you're quite the pessimist there ;) unlike every other attempt at SAO, this game is and has been progressing quite well.

A lot of dedicated staff working under Draulon have accomplished more than anyone thought possible and are continuing to do so at a rate that they may achieve their goals by their own deadlines

6. Kayen

Kayen Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

They can shove Oculus up their ass for all I care. It's just going to slow development down, and I'd rather just have a playable game.
    You can pretty much guarantee combat with one would be absolute shit anyway, your FoV would be horrible.

7. Snoopu

Snoopu Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

owo

8. Stratosfyr

Unless they do my idea and have some people who already have it to work on it along the side during beta. Then no talent being wasted and everyone is satisfied!

9. MegumiSenpai

MegumiSenpai

Have any of you played Phantasy Star Online 2? Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but their combat style is amazing. It doesn't bore me a bit, like most games do. The skills, the weapons, the combo's and everything. A combat system like that would please 99% of the players (that's what I think anyways).

10. Kayen

Kayen Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Never played it before, just looked into it.
    My first impression is that it looks really slow. Skillcap seems quite low too. Only did like a half hour of research into skilltrees and watch vids, but I feel pretty safe in saying that if combat was like this in SAO the game would feel casual as fuck and I'd be pretty disappointed. If I missed some major factor though someone who's played it feel free to point it out.

11. Suiledrad

Suiledrad Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

If you want something like this, first, the game schedule must be forced 24 hours real, as in the real world, that to give you the total realism. Second to base, not only in the Sao series, but in the real world watching with a realistic air, and fuse that with the fantastic world of Sao, we like all fans, not fans. Third, apply methods, or actions in the game that protrude almost naturally, as if the game had life, this last part I do not know if you managed to understand, it is not very easy to understand. But hands less I'm telling you that the game should not be forced to see as people want, but to let the game is just as natural the environment, and everything that interacts. In short, let it be him / her, and move / operate, as if it were the wind, I assure you that no game has done this yet, if to reach this last point, it requires too many resources that are almost impossible achieve or realize, discard this last one that I said, in part 3 of my explanation.

PD: I see in you that you are a dreamer, that I do not see anything bad, in fact you say it as his was a dream for you, that could be fulfilled. If what I just said could apply to AoA, like your ideas, surely this desire of yours will be fulfilled, and not only yours, of all others who think like you, or something like that. I personally also always quize a virtual world that sticks to realism, mixed with fantasy. As if it were a movie and I to be a protagonist of the many that there is, just to think like that, as it already fantasizes, as it is said out there "to dream does not cost anything".