A small idea.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bertod0, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bertod0

Bertod0 Adventurer Adventurer

Now, i don't really understand how logging out would work, i don't know if you can log out anytime, or if you have to be in a specific location to log out (Ex: a town / inn) But, i think it would be nice if you could, for example, build a campfire or make a tent that would regenerate your HP/SP and status ailments depending on the time you've been logged out. Maybe a specific tent could even give you a temporary status boost, or something.

2. luigiFTW

luigiFTW Blue VIP Blue VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

That would be neat.

3. Denian

Denian Web Developer Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I have mixed feelings on this one. I mean, what would prevent you from camping out in an area with higher level mobs and just log out after each kill to recover the 90% HP that you lost? I mean, yes, it's a valid strategy, but also not very fun.
    I could imagine it in combination with some kind of fatigue system, though. Like, the longer and the more actively you play, the more "fatigue" you accumulate. Could even slow you down or give you some kind of debuff when it reaches a critical value. Then, offline camping would reduce fatigue at a steady rate and you'd get rewarded (with healing/buffs/maybe items) when you log in the next time, the exact reward depending on how much you recovered while offline. That way, it's more of an extra reward for playing regularly instead of a reward for being constantly offline.

As always, that answer is in no way official, just my spontaneous thoughts on the topic.

Bertod0 likes this.
  4. Bertod0

Yeah, that would make it more useful than procedually annoying, now that i think about it.

5. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

*punishes player for playing game*

Keatran likes this.
  6. Denian

Denian Web Developer Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I get that you're not convinced, Kathrall. I'm not talking about cutting their speed by 50% after an hour of playing. Let's say the "fatigue" bar would have enough room for 12 hours of continuous playing, and there'd be something like a 10% stat reduction applied when it's full that lasts until at least half the bar has been emptied. If we reduce fatigue twice as quickly as it builds up, that would mean we're encouraging players to take a 3 hour break after 12 hours of playing, which, I think, is reasonable.

The only ones "punished", as you call it, would be those who find some way to train AFK, those who use bots, and those who play for unhealthy amounts of time. "Normal" players, on the other hand, would just benefit from the reward scheme.

Bertod0 likes this.
  7. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

fuck you and your normies

8. luigiFTW

luigiFTW Blue VIP Blue VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Nice mmo player death prevention system. Hopefully 3 hours is long enough for them to realize they are starving

Suiledrad, Xander and Bertod0 like this.
  9. Bertod0

"Huh, i wasn't this skinny 345 hours ago."

10. Kuhaku

Kuhaku Adventurer Adventurer

I've sensed a full time godly mmo grinder xD

11. Kathrall

>me playing game for 5 hours
    >stats have me cucked by idiotic system
    >guys spawns in near me
    >regardless of me being the better player, i die due to said idiotic system

12. Ansaar13

Ansaar13 3D Modeller Staff Member Adventurer

Log-out
    Gun Gale Online utilizes the soul-less logout, like the system used in ALfheim Online, where the user can immediately log-out in safe zones, but in the field the body remains soul-less for a period of time and then the user is logged out. In the soul-less state, the user can be killed and have their items stolen, if their body is left unguarded. Maybe something similar?

Xander likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Plz don't add fatigue I'm no-life"ing" this game and that's annoying

14. Keatran

Keatran Grey VIP Grey VIP

what is an unhealthy amount of time? as if your going for 3 hours i regularly break that i would say it should be something like 10 hours in 24 hours.

there are many MMO's like WoW and EQ2 that do this if your not in a safe zone your logged after 20 seconds on none interaction from the player if the player interacts E.G moves. it cancels the logout.

15. Denian

That question was already answered.

No, not pre-logout. What ansaar was talking about was keeping the avatar for a while after you are already logged out, which means you can be killed, but can't react to it because you're offline. See this part:

16. Keatran

Keatran Grey VIP Grey VIP

yeah i was referring to if you alt-F4 the games and close without logout it about 1 mins to log you out if you disco from sever in them games

17. Suiledrad

Suiledrad Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Your comment gave me a lot of laugh, you imagine that this re-fatigued and suddenly, from a sablaso falls to the floor your victim ?, "sarcasm" xD.

18. Caesar

Caesar Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

If you're gunna burn someone, maybe make sure they can understand ya first?