Alliances / Custom Tags

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Illyon, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Illyon

Illyon Pokémon Master | Treasure Hunters God Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Blue VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Hi, Aclean here.

Since the Frontliner's Alliance has been around for quite a while and KKKKKKKKKK is being established at the moment, I was asking myself: How do we know who of all those people in the fields is a fellow member?

So I am suggesting two possibilites:
    1. "Alliances" beyond guilds.
    2. Custom Tags displayed

#1 is pretty easy to explain: What about groups of players that work a bit like guilds, but without the hierarchic system and all this organized stuff?
    To give an example: The Frontliner's Alliance, a group of different frontline guilds and some soloers. There are some many people in there, nobody really could memorize many of them. But FA mandates, that, if a fellow frontliner is under attack, one must help out without further ado. So if a nearby player is under attack, one wouldn't know if he had to help. With the introduction of alliances that have tags/symbols like guilds, this could be a good solution. In-game this would mean that membership of an alliance is shown like the name of the guild is.
    The differences to guilds are: (1) you can join an alliance while also being in a guild. (2) There is no fixed "leader", but rather a community. Organizing shouldn't be necessary (though the recruiting of new players could become a problem with this. Need to think of something). (3) It's a community of players only, so there are no banks or vaults.

#2 is another solution to the same problem: If players have the possibility to simply create custom tags (or even messages) to be displayed with their avatar, players also could identify them. This can be used for more than just alliances; I'm talking of something like status messages.

To be frank, I'm more in favour of #1, because the tag-system can be easily abused with inappropriate messages.

So, what do you think about that?

Regards,
    a member of the Frontliner's Alliance and KKKKKKKKKK

Leo likes this.
  2. klincheR

klincheR League of Legends Tournament 2014 Winner Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

hmm good idea.

Leo likes this.
  3. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Birthday Boy Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

yeah the tag thingy would help, but that would only happen if they made an alliance system

4. klincheR

klincheR League of Legends Tournament 2014 Winner Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

For the Alliance !
    horde stunks

Leo likes this.
  5. DarkCarnage

DarkCarnage

Tags would be a good idea for the guild so poeple could see who belong to what as a glance, now how to group alot of alliances together not sure..hmmm

6. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Birthday Boy Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

true, an alliance is already a group of guilds, if 2 alliances wanna be together, they fuse into a new one

7. DarkCarnage

DarkCarnage

maybe have a ingame function that lets 2 guilds marge, so property, items and all that group together. after 24 hours, so the new guild group can change it permissions(if any) it ranks(again if any), so not random ninjaing happens.

8. Leo

that would be a nicce option!

9. Illyon

Illyon Pokémon Master | Treasure Hunters God Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Blue VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I'm not really talking about an alliance of guilds, but of individual players. So players can stay solo if they want (like in the Frontliner's Alliance) or in a certain guild they like. Big guilds need excellent leaders, and those aren't everywhere. A small guild with a friendly master and community may be better for some players.

10. Leo

but that way they are no longer solo players. i dont get it. solo players that want to join a guild

11. Illyon

as I said, alliances are no guilds. The Frontliner's Alliance also has many soloers. It's an alliance of frontline fighters who basically have a treaty with the others up there. I need the original thread for further information, so that's about all I can say.
    "Solo" doesn't mean that you stay away from people. It means you're not playing in a guild and only party up if it's necessary.

Another example: The Debauchery Tea Party of Log Horizon. A group of players of all kinds of guilds who are doing raids together. In AoA this could be represented as an alliance.

Is it that absurd a concept?

12. DarkCarnage

DarkCarnage

a temp raid allaince happens in alot fo games wiht large group bosses, but making a fixed group for them seem abit unlikely.

13. Leo

alliances of alliances yeah xD

14. DarkCarnage

DarkCarnage

also waht be the advantage to making a few guilds a real long term allaince , bigger guild halls?, it likely lead to issues long term. and the "i'm in charge" drama.

Leo likes this.
  15. Leo

true. keep it simple, its the best!

16. Illyon

Alliances wouldn't really have special halls. I'm imagining it simply like a group of players, nothing more.
    I can only bring up again the Frontliner's Alliance: We're obligated to help, if a fellow member on the frontlines is in danger. Be it losing a fight against a difficult monster or being PK'd, it doesn't matter, we shall help. But we do not know who exactly is in the Alliance, so having an extra tag for alliances in addition to guilds would be a good solution I guess.

17. Kayen

Kayen Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

There's simply no need for "Alliances". You're in a guild or you're not. Guilds could easily have coloured tags on players identified as friendly by the guild (localised the the player). Obviously separate from the PvP colour tags.

Player A is in guild 1.
    Player B is in guild 2.
    Player C is in guild 3.
    Guilds 1 and 2 are friendly with each other. They are both unfriendly with guild 3.
    Players A and B see each other with green tags, and see player C with a red tag.
    Player C sees players A and B with red tags.

This way you still get your affiliations without the need for some bullshit alliance system. The Guild leader just sets the guild affiliations and all the members get to see it. Easy peasy.

Caesar likes this.
  18. Darvaken

Darvaken Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I supprt this,but can someone link me to that "frontliner" alliance?:p

19. Illyon

The alliance has a thread that was created by Sattelizer a long time ago, but I suppose you don't know him since he hasn't been online for quite a while. The thread hasn't been recovered since.

20. Illyon

If the guild master can set it this way, that's also a possibility. But I'm sure this mechanic hasn't been confirmed yet, so your "easy peasy" is just another suggestion you may post in a separate thread.