Music Ambient Theme Ideas (Occasionally Plays While Exploring)

Discussion in 'Share your own project' started by Lysandro, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lysandro

Lysandro Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Hey there!

So I created a theme that I think would sound nicely when occasionally playing while exploring a new region (like a forest, maybe a beach, etc.) It's supposed to be a relaxing/soothing theme, so its not fast-paced or anything like that. It sort of changes halfway through and I'm still making changes, so nothing is final.

*Link Removed*

Thank you for listening to it and please tell me what you think! This is my first time ever composing music and using mixcraft. Plus, I was on break from playing music, so any helpful feedback would be appreciated.

[Edit] Now that I'm working with the team, I'm not going to be creating this. However, if you would like to continue where I left off, simply PM me and we'll talk. This was my first time composing music ever (anyone who heard it could tell) and thank you for all feedback that was given!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Twain Karakuwa

Twain Karakuwa Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I like it but some parts seem rather unfitting. Needs more fleshing out and you need to decide exactly what type of style you're looking to get because it seems like you've just used the same canvas for different paintings.

Lysandro likes this.
  3. Lysandro

Thank you! This was my first time ever composing, so I tried different things out. I see what you mean and I'll work on that :)

Twain Karakuwa likes this.
  4. Twain Karakuwa

Twain Karakuwa Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Np. But i see you have skills to make it good. Gimme updates later ^^

Lysandro likes this.
  5. jayaurora

jayaurora Adventurer Adventurer

sounds like there could be more formatting of the melodies, they strings are all synthy and legato throughout, with not that much chord within them so it sounds a little bare by itself, and it sounds out of its element with the additional sounds that come afterwards, I personally would try another string synth, and the ambience in the background also doesn't sound fluid throughout as certain places it sounds like it gets cut off. Not a bad idea at all, just needs a bit more composition elements or more "live" instrumentation, starting with the main string accompaniment.

Lysandro and Twain Karakuwa like this.
  6. Lysandro

Thank you! I created this in a few hours, so all your feedback will definitely help me clean it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.