Blacky's Level Design stuff

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Black Abyss, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Black Abyss

Black Abyss Lead Pipe Staff Member Administrator Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

As a way to self motivate and not get rusty after my level design break I thought I could start a thread here and post stuff I'm doing because why not get some likes while I'm at it.
    I'll update it whenever I feel like it and have time to actually do some work for myself. Those are mostly for portfolio.
    Note, I'm not a modeler so I just place stuff neatly and hope it looks good. Using assets from the Unity store mostly, plan to steal some from Dracon once in a while depending on the setting I want to do.

Tried my hand at a Cyberpunk themed city but it turned out more like a normal city :(
    Thank god for chromatic aberration to make up for my lack of futuristic assets a bit with screen distortion. Although it might not really be visible due to the rain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Ezra-, Hano, Deka and 7 others like this.
  2. Denian

Denian Web Developer Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

That's my approach to 3D modeling, actually - I do semi-random stuff and hope I somehow get closer to what I actually wanted. Pretty much why I'm not a 3D modeler :)

Black Abyss likes this.
  3. Assassin

Assassin Denian's Servant | Part time stalker Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Seasoned Adventurer

Looks very nice Blacky ;3

Black Abyss likes this.
  4. Polkulotz

Polkulotz Cyan VIP Cyan VIP Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer

Epic.!!

Black Abyss likes this.
  5. cronfile

cronfile Black VIP Black VIP Seasoned Adventurer

This looks amazing man!!

Black Abyss likes this.
  6. Black Abyss

Black Abyss Lead Pipe Staff Member Administrator Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

New Update and only took me a decade.
    They announced a GGO game a while ago, I did this before they announced it though, so I figured I'll post it in time before someone says I ripped off their level design lmao
    I was working on a multiplayer shooter but sadly lack the time to learn the intricacies of multiplayer implementation and polishing up UI, which I am really bad at implementing. Working title is GunBlade Online (GBO). Wanted it to be Bullet Rain Online (BRO) but there's a CS:GO skin with that name and I fear the valve lawsuits, I bet they're already onto me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used a few asset packages of course, but the design work is fully mine on the entire map. Only thing I used was 1 snapshot from the anime episode, inspired off of that SAO arena where Karlito was running up with his sword to RandomGuy45 in order to slice him apart. It's a fully playable map actually, multiplayer was buggy as hell but working surprisingly, sadly it moved the camera position once you connected to the server cause I fucked something up. As for the controller, I used an amazing TPS package and it came with it, highly recommend checking it out on the store, worth every cent. As for the UI icons, they're a package as well, cheap and looks good but quite basic, something I'd use as a base but would rework completely sooner or later with a professional artist's help.

Polkulotz and -Excaliber like this.
  7. Xenok5

Xenok5 Adventurer Adventurer

This is freaking cool, did you use Unreal Engine 4 right? Because it seems like it :Lenny:;)

Black Abyss likes this.
  8. RobinHoodPT

RobinHoodPT Community Manager Staff Member Teal VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I think that's unity. Well it can be both.

Black Abyss likes this.
  9. Xenok5

Xenok5 Adventurer Adventurer

Cool! I though that these maps were done with Unreal Engine :Kappa:, anyways that is fking cool. xDD

Black Abyss likes this.
  10. Polkulotz

Polkulotz Cyan VIP Cyan VIP Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer

freaking awesome!! GGWP!

Black Abyss likes this.