Boss reward adjustments

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ender_Saurus, Dec 12, 2014.

?

Agree with these adjustments?

1. Yes

52.9%
  2. No

23.5%
  3. Don't Care

23.5%
  1. Ender_Saurus

Ender_Saurus

Boss rewards in MMOs should feel special and should feel like it can help you digress further into the game once obtained. Your approach seems to be based off the show making it so that the person dealing the most damage or taking the most damage get the best gear and digress further. The issue with this approach is that the players that don't deal the most damage or take the most damage are left with no spoils after helping defeat a floor boss making it more difficult for the players to digress and overall keep coming back to the game for the enjoyment. One way you can fix this is by adding lesser spoils that fit within the players floor boss level range giving the players items for helping the defeat the boss. Another way you can fix this is by implementing the RNG (random numbers generator) which would provide random rewards for all players participating in the floor boss event. In my opinion I believe both of these approaches are a good way that many successful MMOs use and manipulate to keeps players coming back for more content and having fun while doing so. Thank you for reading.

Sincerely- Endy

Contacts:
    Email:
    endersaurus@gmail.com

2. Ender_Saurus

Ender_Saurus

Leave your thoughts down here!
    :)

3. Darvaken

Darvaken Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I'm not sure but I think everyone get stuff,but those who do/take most dmg just get a special reward :p

4. Kayen

Kayen Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

There's nothing wrong with the current implementation of loot distribution in most MMO's. Rolls.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Also:
    Digress - "to deviate or wander away from the main topic or purpose in speaking or writing"
    [​IMG]

TheR999 likes this.
  5. DarkCarnage

DarkCarnage

i believe in the ln and anime, everyone got money, the killing group got the random loot drops and the last person to hit and kill the boss mobs got the last attack bonus, a rarer item loot.

how the last attack bonus can be abit unfair, but it does ina way push everyone to dps as hard as they can to try to earn it.

6. Nelchael

Nelchael Purple VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

In this case, the simplest way to do this would be by using a generic MMO loot distribution system with an additional check for the most useful group member - whether that's decided by DPS, damage taken or an algorithm based on both.
    Making that additional check fair would be the hard thing.

7. klincheR

klincheR League of Legends Tournament 2014 Winner Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

buh. gonna hunt you down lata:Boater::phoenix:

8. Kayen

Kayen Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

That's why basic roll systems are the best. There's no bias, it's just luck. It's how loot has pretty much always been and it's how it should stay.

9. UFBJay

UFBJay Adventurer Adventurer

I'd have to agree with Kayen, roll systems have generally worked for most MMO's however I like what you've tried to do here ^.^

10. Kiziro

Kiziro Seasoned Adventurer

I dont understand it^^

11. Kohaku

Kohaku

I agree for a change in the system. I never understood why dps should get the best spoil in the fight. I don't agree with lessening the spoils but rather an RNG for spoils to give each player or providing each player of the team / guild defeating the boss a useful item and then some RNG magic for how 'awesome' it is. Point is, it is unfair for those who want to be the tank and who want to be a support healer to receive the short end of the stick. The current idea of 'highest dps gets the best loot' pushes everyone to go for dps instead of anything else. From what i've read in the light novels and in the animes, it is flat out IMPOSSIBLE to kill a boss by yourself. At a minimum you would need a TEAM compromised of dps, TANK AND HEALERS. So, if you need a team, why only give the loot to the dps?

12. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

I think they should give items to all of the ones who beat the boss the first time.

13. DarkCarnage

DarkCarnage

well maybe everyone get something, ranging high end basic items, a few could get some mid range uncoons and 1+ pending on the group size rarer items.

14. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

e
    yeah that would be a great option!

15. Kronos

Kronos Seasoned Adventurer

I agree, just have a basic MMO loot system.

Apollo likes this.
  16. Darvaken

Darvaken Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

giving rare items to best dps and best tank is a good motivation tough,some ppl will want to be tank just for the chance of a special loot,more tanks ^^,and dps class will give their best to make the most dmg and get the special loot :p

17. Gravatus

Gravatus

Kohaku, are you sure that this game is going to have healers? It is my current understanding that the only healing allowed in AoA comes from potions, the first aid skill, and food(idk)?

18. DarkCarnage

DarkCarnage

i believe they thinking of adding a battle regen type skill also.

19. Leo

i'm with yoU!

20. Eskwyre

Eskwyre Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Guaranteed loot from a boss would be nice to be honest. But the typical drop system used in most MMOs is good. I like WoW's system of storing the loot drops when a mob spawns and not when it dies.

Leo likes this.