Community Question 112

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Glacyn, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Glacyn

Glacyn Purple VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Hello! Welcome to Community Question!
    What is Community Question?: Community Question is a weekly question thread when I ask you, the community, a question! (Bit obvious eh?)

When will Community Question be posted?: CQ is posted in this section on Fridays. Be sure to check back here every Friday!

I have an idea for a question. Can I send it to you?: Sure! Question ideas are always appreciated. Feel free to PM me your question(s)!

Anyways, on to the question!

It's 2117. All life on Earth has been obliterated. What happened?

My answer: Nuclear War!

2. PhantomFury

PhantomFury Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Trump XVI We left the cradle known as Earth to the colonies to further evolve into the Newtype. After a notable guy dropped a huge asteroid on the planet.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  3. rasmus15951

rasmus15951 Red VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer Oldtimer

...I became admin (at least if you believe everyone else on this forum...)

4. Thaum

Thaum Cyan VIP Cyan VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Nomad and his bot army, in an attempt at world domination, create Rosemary 2.0, a ruthless killing machine. First, he took out the AoA admins. With them no longer a threat, nothing could stand in his way. However, there was one last ray of hope - PhantomFury, the chosen hero. Phantom intercepted Rosemary 2.0 and her master, Nomad, and an epic battle ensued. In the end, Rosemary was overpowered, and initiated her self-destruct sequence. Nomad, seeing this as a good opportunity for some "fun", gave Phantom a hint. There were two wires inside Rosemary. A red wire and a blue wire. As to why Nomad incorporated such a lame and stereotypical feature into Rosemary 2.0, nobody knows. Indecisive and running out of time, Phantom decided to cut both wires at once.

So yeah, that's how it happened. I'm pretty tired rn, don't take any of this seriously please.

kirifan256, Jorno and PhantomFury like this.
  5. PhantomFury

Why am I suddenly the protagonist? :eek:

6. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Nukes, power plants (read: nukes), WW3 (and may I just place my bet on it at least starting as a cyber war?) or Trump throwing the first bomb and hitting a fault line (read: nukes thrown by an idiot).

As I may have mentioned before, any distance measured in light years is not a realistically survivable travelling distance, even if you use a multi-generation ship. Do some googling and the maths.

Actually, there was an interesting debate a short while ago that concerned the destructiveness of orbital bombing, using a simple solid body accellerated from space and thrown onto earth. Apparently, due to air friction and terminal velocity, the level of destruction would be far lower than most assume; certainly far lower than any nuclear bomb.

A sufficiently big object, though, would of course invalidate that argument. You'd just have to aim precisely enough.

Actually, I know at least one AoA admin (myself) who would instead be watching on in amusement...

For fun. each of the wires being cut triggers a separate set of explosives, the timer would have resulted in a simple recorded message along the lines of "damn, busted".

Thaum likes this.
  7. PhantomFury

The reference I was using positioned the space colonies on the Earth-Sun (or was it Earth-Moon?) Lagrange Points :p

8. Thaum

Thaum Cyan VIP Cyan VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Idk, i just saw you a little higher up in the thread and decided to use you. I hope you dont mind lol.

kirifan256 and Jorno like this.
  9. PhantomFury

No problem, just caught me by surprise:p

10. Assassin

Assassin Treasure Hunter King 2018 | Denian's Servant Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Black VIP Seasoned Adventurer

Every super volcano erupts at the same time ;D

11. Nizza

Nizza Green VIP Green VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

By that year, humanity is nearly extinct. No more government, everyone is on their own. Due to the exhaustion of resources (Over populated is also a factor), countries will be forcely to conquest. In the end we will be in a dystopian world.

Heres a picture so you can feel it more :3
    [​IMG]

12. Draulon

Draulon Lead Game Designer Staff Member Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer Oldtimer Alpha Key Holder

pasha flex his biceps

Assassin likes this.
  13. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

*inserts the script for Wall-E*

14. Skelemiere

Skelemiere Adventurer Adventurer

I'd say it's because of massive deforestation and poaching, among other things relating to the environment. Humans slowly killing the planet and themselves without realizing it- until it was too late. :(

15. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

How? I mean, if earth is destroyed (as in "completely uninhabitable at best"), whatever heavy object you dropped on it would have kicked the planet from its stable orbit... and at the same time, probably destabilized the moon's orbit, too...

Hard to accomplish. Wouldn't you have to pump a huge amount of superheavy liquid into the earth's core in a short timespan in order to generate enough pressure to trigger that eruption?

We already have realized it, but politicians like the pocket money they get from the deforestation companies.

Skelemiere likes this.
  16. PhantomFury

But what if the drop was enough to put the planet into a perpetual winter yet wasn't so powerful to move earth from it's current orbit?

17. Denian

I don't know... I think you'd have to get both mass and trajectory of that object right to do that. I mean, you'd basically have to make the atmosphere opaque... maybe if you managed to punch a whole through the earth's crust and create a sufficiently large underwater volcano?

PhantomFury likes this.
  18. Aceials

Aceials Black VIP Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Some other celestial body collides with Earth, wiping out humanity completely

19. Tokikaze

Tokikaze Treasure Hunter Knight 2018 Red VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Hmm...considering what I read a couple of months ago...
    The temperature rised, making a hot summertime day pretty much impossible to handle, as the human body wouldn't stand the excessive heat.
    As a consequence of the rising temperature, the ice on the poles melted, thus rising the level of sea.
    Still, as a consequence of this, aquatic life gets heavily altered, as many plants and animals would die because of the massive heat.

Another answer would be the nuclear war.

20. Stuart

Stuart Oldtimer

Nothing happened, as all life was already obliterated since a long time ago. We are all just living in a simulation created by the Ancient Egyptian