Concept Art Competition - Submission thread

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by RobinHoodPT, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomFury

PhantomFury Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Ah, thanks, it means a lot!

Shijohane likes this.
  2. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Staff Member Teal VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

:doki:

PhantomFury likes this.
  3. Nine

Nine Adventurer Adventurer

Whoa, that's some impressive forethought of the anatomy and movements along with many viewing angles. It'll be a great foundation for an 3d artist and animator to bring this gigantic predator alive. I hope to see viciadons inside the game!

PhantomFury likes this.
  4. PhantomFury

Thanks! Your heptapin would be a great addition as well and would serve as a great asset for craftsmen to find resources deposits. (Or bounties for their valuable gemstone "shell")

Nine likes this.
  5. KaliTan

KaliTan Forum Mod Staff Member Christmas VIP Dark Green VIP Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Let's see how many people try to cheat this time.

Revan3917, Black Abyss and Hystero like this.
  6. RyanW

RyanW Adventurer Adventurer

There was a previous competition we missed out on?
    I'm guessing stealing some poor guy's OC on Deviantart and trying to pass it as their own type cheating? Or just a bunch of same-ip submissions?

Black Abyss likes this.
  7. Hystero

Hystero Purple VIP Purple VIP

Cheat?

8. KaliTan

KaliTan Forum Mod Staff Member Christmas VIP Dark Green VIP Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

There was, like a year ago.
    Yeah, people just taking work that wasn't theirs.

9. Hystero

Hystero Purple VIP Purple VIP

How did you find it out?

10. KaliTan

Research.

11. Zach

Zach

Name: Spider Ball
    Description: It walks around on its legs as passive movement, then when it enters a combat stance its legs fold in underneath it, and a small spinning blade comes out of the top in order to attack. The attack stance makes the ball spin horizontally with its blade, so imagine a sphere with an extended blade arm on top. The colors of the Spider Ball consist of a rusty, desert aged, tinted outer shell. The grooves on the side remain filled with black (although they can be chipped away for the aged look). These are for the automata monster type, and I took the setting as a desert land. If not, then the colors are simply aged (or not) with whatever the scenery is.
    - Shirroyd
    *Edit* I hope the description is enough to give a better idea with the monster, I'm not exactly an artist :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  12. SiverCrow

SiverCrow Adventurer Adventurer

Name: Tipion
    Concept description: An evolved type of fish due to the changed harsh environment

Attached Files:

XenoWarrior likes this.
  13. 2125

2125 Adventurer Adventurer

Name: Uruga

Concept description:
    before, its only a normal water predator.
    after dried out, some mutate/evolve into what is now called Uruga, inhabiting the once water-filled caves.
    its thin but strong teeth can torn apart metal easily. the tail is as strong as a sword (or maybe a thick metal rod)
    agressive monster, attack almost any living things arround it.

main attack with its teeth shredding its prey into pieces.
    can also attack with the tail.
    they are blind, so you can move slowly to attack it first before it attacks you.
    movement is a little bit slow considering its size.
    when stop moving, its "A" vibrate to detect surrounding
    front leg is pretty much useless

A: used to detect its surrounding, and its the four on top of it, not just the back.

i think it need more description but i cant think of anything else :(

Attached Files:

• asd.jpg
      asd.jpg
      File size:
      416.1 KB
      Views:
  14. PhantomFury

Nice rough sketches! It does a good job on showing how you came up with the final product. :)

15. Emparin

Emparin

Nombre: golem de piedra/ Draugr
    Descripción:
    Golem de piedra: es un antiguo ser que un científico encontró en los restos del lago y lo reparó, pero en cuanto despertó mató al científico y se perdió en el desierto
    Tiene mucha fuerze pero es lento, el cristal de su cabeza es su punto débil, todo lo demás de su cuerpo es roca muy resistente a los ataques
    Draugr: es un antiguo habitante del lago que murió cuando este se seco y con el tiempo se volvio asi, tiene un cristal en la zona del abdomen que lo conecta con el golem (suelen ir junto en grupos de 4 a 20 dirigidos por un golem, aunque también pueden encontrarse solos)
    porta una espada y un escudo pero también puede usar lanza
    Imagen: (en los enlaces están en 3d juntos y por separado):
    HERE ARE IN 3D:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5d94lGBtf9Zd0Z2eWo0VHp2b1E
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5d94lGBtf9ZM1o0SlkxMmN0VDA
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5d94lGBtf9ZUVB0V1hiVk1Lb2s

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  16. MirageKing

MirageKing Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Grey VIP Rainbow VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer Alpha Key Holder

i actually have a boss concept from like years ago that i made with someone else for AoA ideas that would fit into this floor perfectly, however i SUUUUCK at art, anyone want to see the concept and take their hand at drawing it?

Edo likes this.
  17. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Staff Member Teal VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

Try leaving it here, someone might be interested.

18. MirageKing

MirageKing Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Grey VIP Rainbow VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer Alpha Key Holder

Remember this is old and my formatting sucks.

Name: Horae the madman

Description: Basically, Horae went mad studying automatons and clockwork life, thriving to make himself eternal. over time as parts of his body failed he replaced them with clockwork, until he reached a point where he was completely composed of machines, no one knows if he has any remembrance of his old self or why he continues to fight.
    I always pictured him as generally humanoid but many times larger, with random mismatched bits of clockwork over his body, a giant gear on his back is used to wind himself up.

The boss room is at the bottom of a mine, lava exposed below. the fight takes place on 4 interlocked gears(see below for the style of gear), spinning throughout the fight
    [​IMG]

Basic attacks: throws his gear weapon at the players, bouncing off the far wall and returning to him damaging anyone in its path.

Tries to kick the players at his feet.

Rain of gears :grabs gears from nearby and drops them in an aoe damage ring.

half health: Call the beasts: Horae laughs at the players summoning clockwork rhinos along the outer and inner ring of the gears, they quickly make one full rotation and then despawn, damaging any players hit.

Last bar: Clockwork windup: Horae jumps to an unreachable position and attaches himself to a geared motor, winding up his internal clockwork he increases his speed and damage, due to the increase in pressure on his clockwork, his body heats up and he has to release heat periodically, he does so by venting it at the players to deal damage.

Critical health

disengage. Horae moves to the center of the ring he is currently on, after a delay he slams his gear onto the axle holding the floor gear in place, disengaging it from the other gears. it moves away from the other gears quickly, leaving those on it stranded with the boss and those not away from the boss. The floor gear will slowly work its way back towards the other gears. players can attack the axles to increase the speed at which it moves.

PhantomFury likes this.
  19. PhantomFury

Sounds like an awsome boss! Unfortunately, I have ways to go to make my humanoids drawing remotely good so I can't take up the task.

20. MirageKing

thanks, i had a few of them written up awhile ago. even posted about 1 or 2 of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.