Concept Art Competition - Submission thread

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by RobinHoodPT, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glacyn

Glacyn Purple VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Name: Leragad-Férfi
    Concept description: Such an amazing creature... Leragad-Férfi roams around the humid, sandy, second floor of Age of Aincrad. With a very skinny, stick-like blue body, and white skin, this beautiful gift from above is fairly passive. Whenever Leragad-Férfi sees a player, they approach them with a huge smile across their face. Leragad-Férfi willl stick up for you if mobs in the area attack you. Leragad-Férfi can also be tamed very easily.
    Image:
    [​IMG]

Do I get my alpha key now?

PhantomFury and Thaum like this.
  2. Thaum

Thaum Cyan VIP Cyan VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

[​IMG]
    Looks like Glacyn lives in Idaho?

3. Glacyn

Glacyn Purple VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Nope! Washington. I thought this was common knowledge?

4. Thaum

I'm slow. I mean, it's not like you designated it as your location.
    I can drive to you :Kappa:

Sorry, this probably isn't the appropriate thread for this kind of conversation.

5. Juki

Juki Adventurer Adventurer

Name: Uriet
    Concept description: Uriet is a creature of a forgetten time, where a river was crossing the stars. He was the king of this river (or Queen, chose one). The godness of water was angry with the behaviour of this creature, therefore she decided to ban this monster in a cave. The whole river turned into a cave.
    Queen and King have the same names.
    Queen: Is a flying big fish with a skull as armor. The attacks are smashes and bites. She can spit Water.
    King: Tentacles which are used like arms to hit the enemy. An armor mad of holly seashell to defend hisself. A Headbutton which is acting like a lance.

Attached Files:

6. Draulon

Draulon Lead Game Designer Staff Member Adventurer Oldtimer Alpha Key Holder

Bruh did you just try to translate "Stick Man" to Hungarian

7. ITACHIMANGEKEYOU

ITACHIMANGEKEYOU

This is the Cyber Twin Dragon He can shoot a laser from his Tale and each mouths and normal technics like bite and talesmasch
    and if you know some abilities pls write me a reply

Attached Files:

8. Hystero

Hystero Purple VIP Purple VIP

Too much YuGiOh? :D

9. Jorno

Jorno Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Name: The Moon Warrior
    Concept description: The concept depicts a Warrior with starter gear on AoA. The moon theme is ispired by the game's logo:

[​IMG]

Image:

[​IMG]

RobinHoodPT likes this.
  10. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Name: Track-E
    Concept Description: Inspired by Thomas the Train, Track-E used to be an automated train that used to run on the E track carrying people across the floor, but after the river dried up less and less people started using trains until eventually they were abandoned. These rouge trains now roam the desert after they somehow got off their tracks and every now and then they run into people and bring other mobs to different areas who jumped along for ride. The only way for the player to kill one of these trains is to somehow get in these trains and kill all the mobs they find in the train and enter the engine room and destroy the fuel source.
    Untitled.png

RobinHoodPT likes this.
  11. Godoforanges

Godoforanges

Name: Vapanis
    Concept description: A large amount of steam powered creatures created by scientists and archeologists attempting to recreate some of the life in the previous age of the floor, these creatures were fashioned with steam, gears, and the bones of the animals to use a structure. in an attempt to make the creatures more life-like their creators gave them a feeling of actually being that animal, which natural lead to a large amount of escapes, resulting in dangerous wildlife roaming the area, with sharpened metal weapons and no need for food or water, simply trying to hold down their new territory.
    Image: this image simply has some random animals in the design, as deer may not have been around the general area, however i felt that it was a good land type creature to show the concept. (also the metal bits ive drawn should probobly be gears, however my drawing skills arent quite that good lol

Attached Files:

12. Tibs

Tibs Adventurer Adventurer

Name: Collector(Desert Collector)

Concept Description: Before the Great Separation of Aincrad in which the floating castle was formed, the inhabitants of this land developed machines to ferry water from the rivers in an effort to settle landlocked areas. With the Great Separation, however, the machines lost purpose, aimlessly wandering the floor and filling up their tank with liquid. It is said that if a Collector stops in an area for long time, a ruin of an ancient city still exists below, with untold wonders beneath.

Image: With the basic concept and a fleshed out side view, the design itself is symmetric. The top left is for scale while the face is a frontal view.

Gameplay Mechanic:While not terribly dangerous by themselves, Collectors have a very high defense and take time to whittle down unless you strike their large tank on the back for a critical hit. Be warned, the strike will rupture the tank and release its contents, attracting all steampunk or all desert monsters in a 100 meter radius, depending on the nature of the liquid within. Killing a Collector without rupturing its tank can give you <<Fluid Tank>>, which can allow you to attract all monsters in a 25 meter radius to your location.

Attached Files:

RobinHoodPT likes this.
  13. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

for my piece of concept art i decided to do a loading screen, hope i win!!
    [​IMG]

Shijohane and Thaum like this.
  14. Thaum

Wow! Very cool! :Kappa:

Kathrall likes this.
  15. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Thanks took a while!!!

16. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Staff Member Teal VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

I'm recruiting you xD

Kathrall likes this.
  17. Kathrall

I give you my consent to publish this piece!

18. Fireflies

Fireflies Light Purple VIP Light Purple VIP Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

IM JOINING THIS ART BATTLE
    queue battle music

Its a Rhyena
    they eat more meat found in a boys boarding school and hunt in small packs like pop culture street cats

Rhyena; Mixing of the words Rhyolite and of course Hyena. Rhyolite is a type of rock that resembles the coloration of the monster and Hyena because of their Behavioral Traits. Rhyenas have a pack like mindset, opting to huddle in small groups appearing like small patches of rocks when they half burrow themselves in the sand of their natural environment Deserts and dry Canyons. By doing this, they create shade to draw in prey looking to catch a break from the punishing heat, only to be ambushed by the waiting Rhyenas. All packs have an Alpha, and this is signified by the size of the Carapace, and the complexity of the Carapace; which is the rocky like shell that covers the upper areas of the Rhyena. Depending on Age and Status the Rhyenas Carapace can continue to grow better protecting it. Rhyenas are biologically immortal, they continue to grow expanding their Carapaces.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Luv Foodleroodlefloodleoodles i mean
    Luv Fireflies

Karankei, Polkulotz, Cormac and 7 others like this.
  19. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Staff Member Teal VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

Much love for you :doki:

20. Fireflies

Fireflies Light Purple VIP Light Purple VIP Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

as much as a gay marriage state of government can bear, sweetbuns :doki:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.