Dawn (My Vive VR project)

Discussion in 'Development' started by Slaghton, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Slaghton

Slaghton 3D Modeller Staff Member

Ok so I made a new thread to tidy things up and have a new short video of what i'm currently working on in game.

(some assets I snagged for testing)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Desert environment testing - Art style doesn't quite match. Will have to tweak textures later.
    [​IMG]

The game is currently leaning towards a single player rpg with some sandbox features. This currently includes sword melee/magic/crafting/gathering and some simple survival features like eating/drinking/etc.

I plan to implement co-op and gradually expand the game to accommodate more players once the core features are all working and polished up. A new vid will be put out in 2-3 weeks showing all the stuff i've been working on till now.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Anon

Anon Black VIP Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Looks pretty good

EXPLOSION!!

3. Denian

Denian Web Developer Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Black VIP Dark Green VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

The elbows kinda look weird during some movements, but considering the arms I saw during my Oculus Touch test at gamescom, I think yours are actually an improvement :)

4. Slaghton

Yeah the elbows were kinda wonky in some positions but I think that's just as good as it gets when it comes to this. I did make the vid right as I got it working so I could probably tweak the elbow IK section and get something better. Will look into it.

5. Slaghton

Update: I quit working on the project a couple months ago but i picked it back up again and this is a quick video on what I was working on. I actually left out some newer stuff but i'll go over that later when its more polished.

P.s. its a bit buggy atm but I was to lazy to fix the bugs and redo the video.

6. Denian

Denian Web Developer Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Black VIP Dark Green VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

... there really should be a way to just record all input and re-apply it on the new version once the bug is fixed... But maybe it's too early for scripted acceptance tests for VR...

7. Slaghton

Whipped this up in a couple days for something fun to do. Sort of like a cheap PSO knockoff :p.

\

I figure instead of trying to create some big open world vr online game, I might just aim for something small and simple where you just group up with a few other players to clear out area's. Could have hubs where more people can gather to talk and stuff when not grouping up grinding monsters.

8. Assassin

Assassin Denian's Slave | Part time stalker Christmas VIP Birthday Boy Seasoned Adventurer

Wheres that mighty cabbage? :Doge:

9. Slaghton

Back in town but its gone, I ate it. :Doge:

Kuhaku and Assassin like this.