Writing Deus

Discussion in 'Share your own project' started by Hisoka, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokikaze

Tokikaze Treasure Hunter Knight 2018 Red VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

[Signal detected]
    [Starting transmission]
    .. .----. -- / - .... --- ..- .:shifty:.- .. / .- -- / - .... . . / ... --- ..- .-.. .:shifty:.- .- .-. . / :shifty:- --- ..- / .-. . .- -.. :shifty:- / - --- / :shifty: . . .--. / - .... .. ... / ... . :shifty:. .-. . - / - --- / ... .- ...- . / :shifty:- --- ..- .-. ... . .-.. ..-. / ..-. .-. --- -- / :shifty:- --- ..- .-. / -.. --- --- -- ..--..
    [End of trasmission]

:shifty:= - . -

Hello guys. Hisoka's here(formerly known by the username "Kazeyuki").
    This work is titled Deus. Don't ask why I chose this name.
    Anyway, it's a story set in the modern days. You'll get the rest of the plot as I post new chapters. Enjoy the reading.
    "It's too dangerous. Shut this thing down!"
    "I can't. The level of energy is way too high. I cannot stop it anymore!"
    I grasped the air as I woke up from the nightmare I was in. Cold, dark, lonely. I felt like I was the only one in that dream. All of sudden a light turned on, and I saw someone. Unrecognizable from the face. Then a flash, and that person fell down, with a hole on the head.
    As I got closer, I noticed that the person had a sack on the head. I took it out, and shivered as I watched myself on that dead body. The blood was warmly flowing from the wound.
    Another flash. This time I was in a park, filled with blooming cherry trees. I was confused by the sudden change of scenario.
    I don't know what happened later. The only thing I could remember was a voice, as everything went to pieces.
    "I am thee. And thee art me. We art the same. Wake from thy slumber, and search me in the rift ..."
    As I stood up, I went nearby my cupboard, and took a glass and a bottle of water. Whenever I would go to bed, I'd bring some water to refresh me.
    I poured the water in the glass, and took a big sip from it.
    I checked myself. I was covered with sweat. I had no towels with myself, so I took a shirt that I left on the bed, and wiped off the sweat with it.
    I looked on the clock. 12:00 AM. The dream looked so vivid. Though, too illusionary. I put my index and my thumb to the eyeslids and making circular movements with the fingers.
    I sighed and stood up from the bed.
    As I dressed myself up, I started recalling the dream. Was it just a nightmare?What could have started it?And why now?In the end, I removed those thoughts from my mind, and moved on.
    I prepared myself some coffee. While I was waiting for the mug to fill up, I looked at the tv, watching the news. Sunny day, moderate traffic, usual football matches. The usual stuff. I turn off the tv and pick up my mug full of coffee. I stare the city from my window.
    The streets were crowded. The mass of living things walking in the sidewalks, without caring about their surroundings.
    Then someone went in the living room. I leaned my head enough to see the face of Selene. Her long brown hair were collected in a ponytail, while her dark green eyes gazed the room, until they focused on me.
    "Hi,Selene. What's up?"
    "Hi, John". She greeted me with a cheerful voice."Nothing much. Preparing myself to the next exams. Math should be easy for me. What about you?"
    "Likewise. I'm actually going out for a walk. If you're done hitting the books, you could come along. Oh. And before you ask, this is not a date. Otherwise, Alex might cut me in half"
    We both laugh at that. Alex was Selene's boyfriend, and another resident of the apartment. We three met during our first days as college students.
    I got in a fight with my parents, and decided to live on my own. I managed to work as a waiter in a café, but couldn't afford a place to stay. I lived for a couple of weeks in a motel. Then I met Alex. He had the same problem, and lived with his aunt and his cousin. He didn't want to be a burden for them, so he decided to move somewhere else. He decided to put a post on the notice board, asking for any student that could share the funds with his for renting an apartment.
    In the beginning, I was diffident. Asking such a thing out of blue was tremendously suspect. Who knew that it could have been a scam? After a couple of days, I decided to give it a try, and decided to contact him.
    Oddly enough, Alex mistakenly replied to two persons that replied to his request: me and Selena.
    We three were quite shocked and embarrassed by the awkward situation. Selene thought that Alex wanted a roommate of any gender. Who could possibly think of that?!
    In the end, we dedided to discuss about the situation, and laugh over it. We came with a deal:we would have shared the apartment. All three of us.
    I was nervous. It was awkward enough to have a roommate. But living in the same apartment with a girl? I don't think so.
    I wanted to force Selene to get out from the deal, but I felt like it was not a good thing to do, and passively accepted the situation.
    We searched across the city, trying to find an apartment for three people, and reachable for our workplaces and the university. In the end, we ended up in this apartment. An apartment with red brick walls. Decorated with 60s style furniture. The windows of the living room were pretty high. And the kitchen was compact. All of that in 160 square meters.
    It's been already 3-4 years since that day. During this time, Alex fell in love with Selene, and finally asked her out...
    Selene made a smirk and turned around.
    "I'll be ready in 5 minutes". She walked to her room, leaving me with my mug full of coffee. As I finished it, I took my phone and my wallet, and waited outside the apartment. When Selene got out, she was wearing a pair of jeans and a white camisole.
    "What a show-off"
    "Ah. Shut up, John". Selene jokingly pushed me against the wall. I laughed along with her.
    The park where we went was filled with kids and parents looking after them. The laughs, the chatter and the sound of the pebbles moving around. Somehow, those noises made me feel quite calm.
    Me and Selena remained in silence for a couple of minutes. Then she started speaking.
    "So...did you make any decision yet?"
    "Kind of. I was deciding to get in university"
    "Are you?". Selene looked rather surprised by my decision. In fact, she knows I tend to be quite lazy in whatever action I make."Which course will you take?"
    "Computer engineering, maybe". I looked at the sky and made a deep breath. Then I turned my head at Selene."What about you and Alex?"
    She smiled."I don't know, really...I've a couple of exams left, and I had so little time to think about it...I was thinking of adventuring myself in archeology. History, with its gaps in the time...it's so fascinating and mysterious at the same time..."
    "While for Alex...I think he mentioned something related to neurology...". She looked elsewhere when my eyes were focused on hers. I turned my head as well.
    She suddently changed the topic.
    "John, I heard you screaming during the night...". I turned at her."What happened?"
    "Nothing, really. Just a nightmare...". I wanted to look somewhere else, but I knew her eyes were looking for a reply."...You wouldn't understand, anyways"
    "I wouldn't understand?". Her voice changed tone, sounding irritated. Then preoccupied."John...I'll hear it out. Just tell me. After all, we're friends"
    I stood up. The conversation would have ended there."I'd like not to talk about it now. It's..."
    I couldn't end the rest of my phrase. I felt like the ground was shaking. But it wasn't an illusion. It was real. The ground was shaking intensly. The parents and their kids ran away, as the earthquake started.
    Me and Selene couldn't move. We felt like paralyzed. I felt paralyzed.
    When the earthquake stopped, we were standing there, looking each other. Then I saw a huge group, walking towards us.
    They came from nowhere. All with the same uniform. Military like uniforms.
    "Who are they? The army?". Selene went beside me, as the group got closer and closer to us and the group.
    "I don't know. But I have a bad feeling about this...". Before I could react, I focused my sight on a figure behind them. A person with a grey hooded robe, talking to one of those "soldiers". Then he went in front of the group.
    "Greeting, fellow citizens. Don't be afraid". The hooded figure, that sounded like a middle aged man, raised his hands, as a sign for us to calm."You don't know us. But we will answer this question for you. We are the 'Order'. And our objective is to free this world from its corruption"
    We stayed in silence. The hooded man continued his speech.
    "Humankind was corrupted by their leaders, who focused only on this world. They got too attached to this materialistic world, instead of embracing the secrets of the Rift. Because of this, the Order decided to kill those leaders, and teach the people about our glorious empire and its teaching of the Rift.
    We all stood there in confusion. The Order?The Rift?And what do they mean by 'corruption'?And what's this empire?
    I wanted to have answers to all those questions, but what cared more to me was to get away from this situation. It was too unreal.
    Before I could grab Selene and run away, a voice rose from the crowd."You're talking nonsense!"
    I couldn't believe it. I remained speechless as I saw Alex moving between the crowd and stand in front of the hooded man. Alex's blue eyes focused on the man, irritated.
    "You're just a mad man, blabbering about imaginary things. Or is this just a prank made for profit?"
    The group unsheated their weapon, that looked like a hybrid between a blade and a gun. The hooded figure raised a hand, as to say to the group to stand down. Then he spoke to Alex.
    "Profit? Oh, no. Profit isn't what we care about. What we care about is to purify you and your people from the the corruption of the materialistic world. We want to help you. And we will do that by any meaning work. Will you help us with that, Alex?"
    Both me and Alex were shocked. How did he know his name? He never mentioned it to him.
    The hooded figure put both of his hands on Alex's shoulders.
    "Help me, Alex. Help us. If you can help us, we can end all the ravaging wars of this world. We can cleanse this world fron the corrupted people. Give me your strength. Your capabili-..."
    Before he could end his sermon, Alex pushed him back. The hooded figure didn't continue his sermon.
    "You need a help man. Seriously. Your madness needs to end"
    Alex stood there, hoping for a reply. A positive one. The crowd grew up in voice. A chorus was waiting, nervous, irritated.
    But he didn't reply. Instead he simply gave a signal."Those people can't be cleansed. Kill them all"
    Before the crowd could say any word,the group opened fire on the crowd, reaping the lives of adults and children. Me and Selene went on the ground to avoid the fire. Alex was fast enough to get on the ground as well.
    "Alex, we need to get away from here!". Alex turned at me. After a moment of confusion, he recognized me and went with me and Selene to cover.
    "We need to get back home and take the car!"
    "We need to find a way to get away from here first"I replied."I'll make a distraction. I'll drag the attention of them to me. You and Selene run back home"
    "Bad idea. Rejected. Let's think about another"
    I felt like they were getting closer to us. So I stood up."There's no time, and this plan need no approval. Hey!"
    I ran a couple of meters away feom Alez and Selene, and grabbed a few rocks. I threw them at the group of soldiers. They all turned to me
    "Ok. I took their attention...what's the second part of the plan?". I started running like crazy on the opposite direction from Alex and Selene. I didn't care about the havoc that the shooting started. I didn't care about my own safety. I only hoped that my plan worked.
    A ran between the debris that started appearing on the street. Then something exploded a dozen of centimeters away from me. It wasn't a grenade. It was like something similar to gravity pushed me, sending me flying against the wall, hitting it pretty hard. I went unconscious.
    When I woke up, I was in a bed. Beside it, there was Selene, sleeping. A clamp linked to a cardiograph was attached to my index finger.
    As I removed the clamp, the cardiograph emitted that typical noise. Selene woke up at the same time as the nurses went to see me.
    "John. You're finally awake..."
    "Where am I?". I asked. I felt my head. There were bandages all over my head. Then I remember about the plan. "I see you managed to get away. How did you and Alex find me?"
    Selene remained in silence. She wanted to say something, but held it in for a while. Then she explained it, with a broken voice.
    "...Selene...where's Alex...?"
    "John. You've been in a coma for 3 years. Alex died while trying to save you..."
    I gulped as Selene spoke.
    Alex died? For me? Why would he do that? I specifically told him to run to the other direction. Instead, that idiot ran towards me to save me...and he died trying to. That stubborn...
    I looked at Selene. As I thought, she was trying not to cry. But that situation irritated me...
    "I told him to run away..."
    As I said it, Selene looked at me. With a shocked face.
    "John...what are you saying?"
    I bit my lip as she asked me that. I didn't want to make her suffer, but that revelation bothered me.
    "What I'm saying is that Alex would be alive if he listened to me!". I shouted with all the might that I had."I didn't want to be safe. I did that because I wanted you and Alex to be safe!"
    "Are you saying that you would have preferred to die?!". Selene angrily replied. I froze. I never saw Selene angry before. Her cheeks were red and the tears were slowly running down. "We were your friends, John. And we still are. Why are you so selfish until the end?!Didn't it matter that Alex cared for your life?Don't you care about his sacrifice to save you?!"
    "I was caring too!". That last sentence ended the discussion. We remained in silence for a minute. The people around us were chattering, and didn't care about the little fuss we made. After a couple of minutes, I sighed and continued."...Selene...I'm just...confused by those turn of events..."
    "You know you are. We are all..." Selene looked at her hands. She kept shaking. Then she looked at me.
    She explained to me what happened after the accident in town. Shortly after the accident, a series of similar events started across the country. They all ended up with the killing of whoever didn't accept what those people were asking for...They killed mostly adults and elders. The children and the teenagers were easily indoctrinated.
    'The Order'...and their inner group, called the 'Voices of the Rift'. They always wore hooded robes. They were always at the head of their armies. They were the diplomats of 'The Order'...and their missionaries.
    "...That day, Selene...". I clenched my teeth as the memory barely made it in my mind, and started giving me headaches."...That day...there was one of them..."
    "Who are you talking about, John?". Selene held me by my shoulders, and tried to lay me down on the bed. But I refused to.
    "A 'Voice', Selene.". The headache continued, and my sight was slowly fading...
    I slept for like 4 hours. But they looked like an eternity. After waking up after 3 years, I passed out...and had the same nightmare of 3 years ago...
    The same room. The same feeling. The same voice...but this time the message was different...A more understandable language

John...What you are watching. What you are hearing. What you are...feeling right now isn't real. When you wake up, shout my name...and I'll help you...

When I woke up, the lights were turned off. A silence remained in the room.
    *thump*. Something fell on the ground. Then another. And another one again.
    Something was going on in the room, and it was not a good thing. As the noise got closer, I was sure that I was hearing footsteps. And the noise of a muffled voice that, all of sudden, would end in an instant, along with a sound. The sound of a bullet being fired from a silenced weapon.
    Someone was killing the patients in the hospital...
    I grabbed an object that looked solid enough, and waited the assassin to come.
    I pretended to be sleeping. As the assassin took my pillow, I hit him on the head with the object. The lights went on all of sudden, and I found Selene on the ground, with a gun on her hand.
    "Selene?What have you done...?". I went off the bed and grabbed the gun."What were you thinking...?"
    A huge amount of soldiers walked in the room, checking every patient in it. Then they grabbed Selene.
    "Hey!Hey!HEY!What are you doing?". I grabbed Selene's hand as she was being taken away. The soldier turned at me and looked me in the eyes.
    "What am I doing? I'm going to execute her. She went against the government, attempted to kill the president and she executed those people"
    She regained consciousness and, as she noticed the soldier, she struggled to free herself. Another soldier used his rifle to hit her on the stomach.
    Selene winced for the hit she received and knelt down. The soldier that dragged her in the middle of the room pointed a pistol against her head. In that moment, I heard a voice.

You see. Government are corrupted. They will not give her a trial. Your people are corrupted. They will never be like us. They will never be free...

I was paralyzed. In that instant, my second friend was going to die in front of me. Another death that I could have stopped.
    The voice was like a knife. It was going deep inside of me, dragging me in a painful experience.
    It was a voice different from the nightmares I had.
    The nightmares...
    And it was obvious what I had to do. That voice wasn't his. The voice calling us "corrupted"...it was one of them.

Another voice went over the other and called me
    "John. It's time. Find me in the Rift, and say my name"
    It was like a memory. Something that was vaguely familiar. The things in front of me were slowly losing their shapes, their reality.
    I took a deep breath and I said:

Reap this illusionary world, Reaper.

Everything went watery and I felt like I was being forced out of it.
    When I opened my eyes, I was in a room. It was not a hospital room. It looked like a shelter.
    In front of me there was a bunch of soldiers looking at me.
    On one side I had two person that I was thankfully happy to see.
    "You guys better give me a proper explanation about what the hell is going on right now..."
    Alex and Selene smiled, as they helped me standing up, and observe what would have become my new home.
    Stay tuned for more. Hisoka out.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. Zeke

Zeke Shoutbox Ban Rainbow VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

:shifty: I'M THOU. I AM THEE SOUL. ARE YOU READY TO KEEP THIS SECRET TO SAVE YOURSELF FROM YOUR DOOM?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. shadowfax

shadowfax Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

4. Tokikaze

Tokikaze Treasure Hunter Knight 2018 Red VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

After...I don't know...half a year, I guess, I finally decided to post this. Enjoy the reading.
    "It's too dangerous. Shut this thing down!"
    "I can't. The level of energy is way too high. I cannot stop it anymore!"
    I grasped the air as I woke up from the nightmare I was in. Cold, dark, lonely. I felt like I was the only one in that dream. All of sudden a light turned on, and I saw someone. Unrecognizable from the face. Then a flash, and that person fell down, with a hole on the head.
    As I got closer, I noticed that the person had a sack on the head. I took it out, and shivered as I watched myself on that dead body. The blood was warmly flowing from the wound.
    Another flash. This time I was in a park, filled with blooming cherry trees. I was confused by the sudden change of scenario.
    I don't know what happened later. The only thing I could remember was a voice, as everything went to pieces.
    "I am thee. And thee art me. We art the same. Wake from thy slumber, and search me in the rift ..."
    As I stood up, I went nearby my cupboard, and took a glass and a bottle of water. Whenever I would go to bed, I'd bring some water to refresh me.
    I poured the water in the glass, and took a big sip from it.
    I checked myself. I was covered with sweat. I had no towels with myself, so I took a shirt that I left on the bed, and wiped off the sweat with it.
    I looked on the clock. 12:00 AM. The dream looked so vivid. Though, too illusionary. I put my index and my thumb to the eyeslids and making circular movements with the fingers.
    I sighed and stood up from the bed.
    As I dressed myself up, I started recalling the dream. Was it just a nightmare?What could have started it?And why now?In the end, I removed those thoughts from my mind, and moved on.
    I prepared myself some coffee. While I was waiting for the mug to fill up, I looked at the tv, watching the news. Sunny day, moderate traffic, usual football matches. The usual stuff. I turn off the tv and pick up my mug full of coffee. I stare the city from my window.
    The streets were crowded. The mass of living things walking in the sidewalks, without caring about their surroundings.
    Then someone went in the living room. I leaned my head enough to see the face of Selene. Her long brown hair were collected in a ponytail, while her dark green eyes gazed the room, until they focused on me.
    "Hi,Selene. What's up?"
    "Hi, John". She greeted me with a cheerful voice."Nothing much. Preparing myself to the next exams. Math should be easy for me. What about you?"
    "Likewise. I'm actually going out for a walk. If you're done hitting the books, you could come along. Oh. And before you ask, this is not a date. Otherwise, Alex might cut me in half"
    We both laugh at that. Alex was Selene's boyfriend, and another resident of the apartment. We three met during our first days as college students.
    I got in a fight with my parents, and decided to live on my own. I managed to work as a waiter in a café, but couldn't afford a place to stay. I lived for a couple of weeks in a motel. Then I met Alex. He had the same problem, and lived with his aunt and his cousin. He didn't want to be a burden for them, so he decided to move somewhere else. He decided to put a post on the notice board, asking for any student that could share the funds with his for renting an apartment.
    In the beginning, I was diffident. Asking such a thing out of blue was tremendously suspect. Who knew that it could have been a scam? After a couple of days, I decided to give it a try, and decided to contact him.
    Oddly enough, Alex mistakenly replied to two persons that replied to his request: me and Selena.
    We three were quite shocked and embarrassed by the awkward situation. Selene thought that Alex wanted a roommate of any gender. Who could possibly think of that?!
    In the end, we dedided to discuss about the situation, and laugh over it. We came with a deal:we would have shared the apartment. All three of us.
    I was nervous. It was awkward enough to have a roommate. But living in the same apartment with a girl? I don't think so.
    I wanted to force Selene to get out from the deal, but I felt like it was not a good thing to do, and passively accepted the situation.
    We searched across the city, trying to find an apartment for three people, and reachable for our workplaces and the university. In the end, we ended up in this apartment. An apartment with red brick walls. Decorated with 60s style furniture. The windows of the living room were pretty high. And the kitchen was compact. All of that in 160 square meters.
    It's been already 3-4 years since that day. During this time, Alex fell in love with Selene, and finally asked her out...
    Selene made a smirk and turned around.
    "I'll be ready in 5 minutes". She walked to her room, leaving me with my mug full of coffee. As I finished it, I took my phone and my wallet, and waited outside the apartment. When Selene got out, she was wearing a pair of jeans and a white camisole.
    "What a show-off"
    "Ah. Shut up, John". Selene jokingly pushed me against the wall. I laughed along with her.
    The park where we went was filled with kids and parents looking after them. The laughs, the chatter and the sound of the pebbles moving around. Somehow, those noises made me feel quite calm.
    Me and Selena remained in silence for a couple of minutes. Then she started speaking.
    "So...did you make any decision yet?"
    "Kind of. I was deciding to get in university"
    "Are you?". Selene looked rather surprised by my decision. In fact, she knows I tend to be quite lazy in whatever action I make."Which course will you take?"
    "Computer engineering, maybe". I looked at the sky and made a deep breath. Then I turned my head at Selene."What about you and Alex?"
    She smiled."I don't know, really...I've a couple of exams left, and I had so little time to think about it...I was thinking of adventuring myself in archeology. History, with its gaps in the time...it's so fascinating and mysterious at the same time..."
    "While for Alex...I think he mentioned something related to neurology...". She looked elsewhere when my eyes were focused on hers. I turned my head as well.
    She suddently changed the topic.
    "John, I heard you screaming during the night...". I turned at her."What happened?"
    "Nothing, really. Just a nightmare...". I wanted to look somewhere else, but I knew her eyes were looking for a reply."...You wouldn't understand, anyways"
    "I wouldn't understand?". Her voice changed tone, sounding irritated. Then preoccupied."John...I'll hear it out. Just tell me. After all, we're friends"
    I stood up. The conversation would have ended there."I'd like not to talk about it now. It's..."
    I couldn't end the rest of my phrase. I felt like the ground was shaking. But it wasn't an illusion. It was real. The ground was shaking intensly. The parents and their kids ran away, as the earthquake started.
    Me and Selene couldn't move. We felt like paralyzed. I felt paralyzed.
    When the earthquake stopped, we were standing there, looking each other. Then I saw a huge group, walking towards us.
    They came from nowhere. All with the same uniform. Military like uniforms.
    "Who are they? The army?". Selene went beside me, as the group got closer and closer to us and the group.
    "I don't know. But I have a bad feeling about this...". Before I could react, I focused my sight on a figure behind them. A person with a grey hooded robe, talking to one of those "soldiers". Then he went in front of the group.
    "Greeting, fellow citizens. Don't be afraid". The hooded figure, that sounded like a middle aged man, raised his hands, as a sign for us to calm."You don't know us. But we will answer this question for you. We are the 'Order'. And our objective is to free this world from its corruption"
    We stayed in silence. The hooded man continued his speech.
    "Humankind was corrupted by their leaders, who focused only on this world. They got too attached to this materialistic world, instead of embracing the secrets of the Rift. Because of this, the Order decided to kill those leaders, and teach the people about our glorious empire and its teaching of the Rift.
    We all stood there in confusion. The Order?The Rift?And what do they mean by 'corruption'?And what's this empire?
    I wanted to have answers to all those questions, but what cared more to me was to get away from this situation. It was too unreal.
    Before I could grab Selene and run away, a voice rose from the crowd."You're talking nonsense!"
    I couldn't believe it. I remained speechless as I saw Alex moving between the crowd and stand in front of the hooded man. Alex's blue eyes focused on the man, irritated.
    "You're just a mad man, blabbering about imaginary things. Or is this just a prank made for profit?"
    The group unsheated their weapon, that looked like a hybrid between a blade and a gun. The hooded figure raised a hand, as to say to the group to stand down. Then he spoke to Alex.
    "Profit? Oh, no. Profit isn't what we care about. What we care about is to purify you and your people from the the corruption of the materialistic world. We want to help you. And we will do that by any meaning work. Will you help us with that, Alex?"
    Both me and Alex were shocked. How did he know his name? He never mentioned it to him.
    The hooded figure put both of his hands on Alex's shoulders.
    "Help me, Alex. Help us. If you can help us, we can end all the ravaging wars of this world. We can cleanse this world fron the corrupted people. Give me your strength. Your capabili-..."
    Before he could end his sermon, Alex pushed him back. The hooded figure didn't continue his sermon.
    "You need a help man. Seriously. Your madness needs to end"
    Alex stood there, hoping for a reply. A positive one. The crowd grew up in voice. A chorus was waiting, nervous, irritated.
    But he didn't reply. Instead he simply gave a signal."Those people can't be cleansed. Kill them all"
    Before the crowd could say any word,the group opened fire on the crowd, reaping the lives of adults and children. Me and Selene went on the ground to avoid the fire. Alex was fast enough to get on the ground as well.
    "Alex, we need to get away from here!". Alex turned at me. After a moment of confusion, he recognized me and went with me and Selene to cover.
    "We need to get back home and take the car!"
    "We need to find a way to get away from here first"I replied."I'll make a distraction. I'll drag the attention of them to me. You and Selene run back home"
    "Bad idea. Rejected. Let's think about another"
    I felt like they were getting closer to us. So I stood up."There's no time, and this plan need no approval. Hey!"
    I ran a couple of meters away feom Alez and Selene, and grabbed a few rocks. I threw them at the group of soldiers. They all turned to me
    "Ok. I took their attention...what's the second part of the plan?". I started running like crazy on the opposite direction from Alex and Selene. I didn't care about the havoc that the shooting started. I didn't care about my own safety. I only hoped that my plan worked.
    I ran between the debris that started appearing on the street. Then something exploded a dozen of centimeters away from me. It wasn't a grenade. It was like something similar to gravity pushed me, sending me flying against the wall, hitting it pretty hard. I went unconscious.
    When I woke up, I was in a bed. Beside it, there was Selene, sleeping. A clamp linked to a cardiograph was attached to my index finger.
    As I removed the clamp, the cardiograph emitted that typical noise. Selene woke up at the same time as the nurses went to see me.
    "John. You're finally awake..."
    "Where am I?". I asked. I felt my head. There were bandages all over my head. Then I remember about the plan. "I see you managed to get away. How did you and Alex find me?"
    Selene remained in silence. She wanted to say something, but held it in for a while. Then she explained it, with a broken voice.
    "...Selene...where's Alex...?"
    "John. You've been in a coma for 3 years. Alex died while trying to save you..."

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    shadowfax likes this.
  5. shadowfax

Kaze! Why you change your name?

6. Tokikaze

The old name had too much "Kirito" hype in it

7. shadowfax

true, also hisoka is a pretty cool name

8. Tokikaze

Chapter 2 is now out.Also, I have to make an announcement after this post. So make sure you read this chapter first. Or, if you feel lazy, go ahead, and check the announcement right after this post. Anyway, enjoy the reading.
    I gulped as Selene spoke.
    Alex died? For me? Why would he do that? I specifically told him to run to the other direction. Instead, that idiot ran towards me to save me...and he died trying to. That stubborn...
    I looked at Selene. As I thought, she was trying not to cry. But that situation irritated me...
    "I told him to run away..."
    As I said it, Selene looked at me. With a shocked face.
    "John...what are you saying?"
    I bit my lip as she asked me that. I didn't want to make her suffer, but that revelation bothered me.
    "What I'm saying is that Alex would be alive if he listened to me!". I shouted with all the might that I had."I didn't want to be safe. I did that because I wanted you and Alex to be safe!"
    "Are you saying that you would have preferred to die?!". Selene angrily replied. I froze. I never saw Selene angry before. Her cheeks were red and the tears were slowly running down. "We were your friends, John. And we still are. Why are you so selfish until the end?!Didn't it matter that Alex cared for your life?Don't you care about his sacrifice to save you?!"
    "I was caring too!". That last sentence ended the discussion. We remained in silence for a minute. The people around us were chattering, and didn't care about the little fuss we made. After a couple of minutes, I sighed and continued."...Selene...I'm just...confused by those turn of events..."
    "You know you are. We are all..." Selene looked at her hands. She kept shaking. Then she looked at me.
    She explained to me what happened after the accident in town. Shortly after the accident, a series of similar events started across the country. They all ended up with the killing of whoever didn't accept what those people were asking for...They killed mostly adults and elders. The children and the teenagers were easily indoctrinated.
    'The Order'...and their inner group, called the 'Voices of the Rift'. They always wore hooded robes. They were always at the head of their armies. They were the diplomats of 'The Order'...and their missionaries.
    "...That day, Selene...". I clenched my teeth as the memory barely made it in my mind, and started giving me headaches."...That day...there was one of them..."
    "Who are you talking about, John?". Selene held me by my shoulders, and tried to lay me down on the bed. But I refused to.
    "A 'Voice', Selene.". The headache continued, and my sight was slowly fading...
    I slept for like 4 hours. But they looked like an eternity. After waking up after 3 years, I passed out...and had the same nightmare of 3 years ago...
    The same room. The same feeling. The same voice...but this time the message was different...A more understandable language

John...What you are watching. What you are hearing. What you are...feeling right now isn't real. When you wake up, shout my name...and I'll help you...

When I woke up, the lights were turned off. A silence remained in the room.
    *thump*. Something fell on the ground. Then another. And another one again.
    Something was going on in the room, and it was not a good thing. As the noise got closer, I was sure that I was hearing footsteps. And the noise of a muffled voice that, all of sudden, would end in an instant, along with a sound. The sound of a bullet being fired from a silenced weapon.
    Someone was killing the patients in the hospital...
    I grabbed an object that looked solid enough, and waited the assassin to come.
    I pretended to be sleeping. As the assassin took my pillow, I hit him on the head with the object. The lights went on all of sudden, and I found Selene on the ground, with a gun on her hand.
    "Selene?What have you done...?". I went off the bed and grabbed the gun."What were you thinking...?"
    A huge amount of soldiers walked in the room, checking every patient in it. Then they grabbed Selene.
    "Hey!Hey!HEY!What are you doing?". I grabbed Selene's hand as she was being taken away. The soldier turned at me and looked me in the eyes.
    "What am I doing? I'm going to execute her. She went against the government, attempted to kill the president and she executed those people"
    She regained consciousness and, as she noticed the soldier, she struggled to free herself. Another soldier used his rifle to hit her on the stomach.
    Selene winced for the hit she received and knelt down. The soldier that dragged her in the middle of the room pointed a pistol against her head. In that moment, I heard a voice.

You see. Government are corrupted. They will not give her a trial. Your people are corrupted. They will never be like us. They will never be free...

I was paralyzed. In that instant, my second friend was going to die in front of me. Another death that I could have stopped.
    The voice was like a knife. It was going deep inside of me, dragging me in a painful experience.
    It was a voice different from the nightmares I had.
    The nightmares...
    And it was obvious what I had to do. That voice wasn't his. The voice calling us "corrupted"...it was one of them.

Another voice went over the other and called me
    "John. It's time. Find me in the Rift, and say my name"
    It was like a memory. Something that was vaguely familiar. The things in front of me were slowly losing their shapes, their reality.
    I took a deep breath and I said:

Reap this illusionary world, Reaper.

Everything went watery and I felt like I was being forced out of it.
    When I opened my eyes, I was in a room. It was not a hospital room. It looked like a shelter.
    In front of me there was a bunch of soldiers looking at me.
    On one side I had two person that I was thankfully happy to see.
    "You guys better give me a proper explanation about what the hell is going on right now..."
    Alex and Selene smiled, as they helped me standing up, and observe what would have become my new home.

I decided to create a thread for a character application. If you want one of your characters to be in the story, feel free to apply one. And make a serious character, please.
    Details will be explained in said thread.

9. Tokikaze

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.