development

Discussion in 'Questions-Queries' started by Tohuki, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Tohuki

Tohuki

Hey, yeah it's me again, the one who posted like 3 threads just today, but I am really thinking about these things :D
    I want to ask about the development of the game.

How do the devs work?

Is it like some kind of list with things that need to be done and the people can mark "I'm working on this." or is it like the "higher" devs tell the lower devs what to make? Or is it totally different?

I would like to join the devteam sometime, because I am currently learning C# at school and i want to help with the project as well as practise for school at the same time (I'd call that doublekill). So if it is not some inside information that can't be told, can somebody tell me?

2. Kasegawa

Kasegawa Purple VIP Pink VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

uhhhhhhh, lemme ask

3. Black Abyss

Black Abyss Lead Designer Staff Member Administrator Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

@Tohuki
    We work on a task after task basis with specific deadlines for a given asset.
    We keep track of our progress with management tools like Producteev, Slack, Trello.
    It's usually staff members working on tasks set up by the branch lead based on a priority basis, as well as based on the specific skills needed for the job, for instance a modeler well versed in humanoid 3D models would work on a skeleton rather than a rat, unless we have no urgent tasks for a skeleton model but an urgent need for a rat, and the given modeler is the only one that's currently free. We're trying to avoid forcing our staff members into tasks they don't feel well in, although at times it's good training, you can't always drink the same brand of coffee or you'll get bored by it sooner or later and stagnate. Trying to deal with tasks that are outside your comfort zone is something I especially encourage.
    After that we reiterate till the given asset is good to go quality wise and implement it into the game.
    Then the cycle repeats. The deadlines are usually weekly. We also run weekly meetings to make sure progress is going steadily and we're all dealing with our given tasks. If there are any problems or difficulties, staff members more skilled in a given field often jump in to help or give suggestions on how to deal with the given issue.

4. Kasegawa

Kasegawa Purple VIP Pink VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

I totally asked for him to say that

Revan3917, Tohuki and Black Abyss like this.
  5. Tohuki

Tohuki

Thank you. Now I know how will it be in the future when I have more skill with programming and modelling (If there will be the need for a programmer :D). Also one last thing. Is the game developed in C#? I think I read it somewhere that it is, but i can't find it anymore.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  6. Black Abyss

Black Abyss Lead Designer Staff Member Administrator Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Yes, we use mainly C#.

7. Caesar

Caesar Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Question is completely out of date, the dev's don't work, development has stopped, the world is ending!

Just joking.

Black Abyss and Tohuki like this.
  8. Black Abyss

pls no jokerino
    we work real hard i promise

Whitescythe and Baha like this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Pics or it didn’t happen

Tohuki likes this.