Game Design Final Victor

Discussion in 'Share your own project' started by Ares, Jan 27, 2018.

?

Would you play this game?

1. Yeah if it worked

2. If you changed some aspects of the game, maybe.

3. This game design doesn't appeal to me at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ares

Ares Purple VIP Purple VIP Black VIP Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer

I'm currently just designing a game enough to pay someone else to do it. The idea is a melee and projectile-based battle royale in an arena just like the Hunger Games. The normal game mode would have 30 players, a max team count of two, and a maximum game time of 66 minutes, with the arena border moving in when there are 6 players remaining. You would fight against environmental and mob-based disasters while also worrying about hydration, hunger, and of course, other players.

A majority of it is still in progress, as I haven't types all of the ideas have up.

All information is here. (Very Specific+Look at Mechanics first):https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_ua8CH4AH5sZDNxbEM1WTkzY00?usp=sharing

Tell me what you guys think! I'm open and in need of any revision or criticism.

2. RobinHoodPT

RobinHoodPT Community Manager Staff Member Teal VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Is it possible to make a small document, to explain the game in a bit more detail? As I went through you're drive, it's hard to know where to start reading about it.

3. Ares

Start in the mechanics folder.

4. SalokinG

SalokinG

I think your idea is really awesome! I also have some ideas. If you are interested, just write to [email protected]

5. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

"Battle royale" was the point at which I knew I wouldn't play it. Just not my kind of game, sorry. Sounds interesting, though, I guess. Maybe make the arena smaller more than once, though? Like, every 6 dead people, a part of the arena becomes inaccessible?

6. Ares

This is a topic I've thought about a lot, and there are a couple ways I feel like I could solve it. I could use the spawned, AI creatures to force players together, whether it's by running from them or fighting them which would cause a lot of attention to their area. I could also use the environmental disasters to activate from the outside border inward, which would make a part of the arena inaccessible if it was a fire or heavy snow storm. The environmental and AI creatures would always depend on the map's biome of course. I may also have the arena border begin moving in at 80% the normal speed when there are 12 players left, and once it reaches 10, 8 or 6 players left it may go to the full speed to finally end the game. This would lower the play time of matches significantly, and may either increase the experiences for players by making the matches more intense and fast, or they may feel too rushed. I'll be playing around with these features and listening to community feedback if the game enters Alpha.