Glowing Weapons when casting skills?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Darvaken, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Senji

Senji Cyan VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer Alpha Key Holder

Like stated earlier, if everyone had a custom color, and you walked into a town, it would be like those MMO's where you can't see anything at all through all the lights and colors. I think that all skills should have a set color, but there should be runes that are fairly hard to get that tints the glow or marks a pattern on the blade (like a line, zigzag, wave, etc) in the unique color when skills are used.
    For example, you use a basic skill that makes the blade glow yellow, yet you have a wind rune bound to the blade that adds color. Maybe when you use the skill, the blade will glow yellow still as a primary color, but there would be a green zigzag running down the blade to signify the runic's presence. Or maybe if you equip a runic, it would be visible on the blade itself.
    I personally think that it would be neat if you had a katana with a rune and when a skill is used, blue characters engraved on the blade would glow.
    Hard to explain XD

2. Darvaken

Darvaken Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

and like i told,its not for permanent use,like it wont glow in town but only when you cast combat skills

3. Senji

Wouldn't people spam their combat skills in town?
    A lot of the MMO's I played had people spamming their special effects because they're bored and it made chaos. Of course, the skills didn't hurt any other players because of safe zones.
    Maybe have a restriction of no combat skills in safe zones? (At all, so glowing and lag will be minimized)

Leo likes this.
  4. Nelchael

Nelchael Purple VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Sounds reasonable. If no one can get hurt, there's no point in using a combat skill other than to try to look cool with flashy colors.
    Or maybe allow combat skills in safezones, but make them not glow?

5. Senji

There should be no point of allowing combat skills and make them not glow, because just allowing combat skills = more data for the server to handle = more lag, especially for low-end pc users. So in the end, I think that combat skills should be disabled in safe zones, for example if you were to enter a town, your combat skills would grey out and would not be clickable.

WRohIgda likes this.
  6. Nelchael

Feels a bit too forced, but I get what you mean.
    I guess we'll have to see how the devs implement it.

7. Senji

Yeah. I kind of see what you mean. But towns could always have sort of an armory testing area/training area where combat skills are allowed with glowing allowed(but no PvP). This way people can spam to their hearts content on straw dummies XD

8. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

that would give too many trouble to the devs, it would be easier just to block the skills xD

9. Kayen

Kayen Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

You guys are forgetting that towns will be a good place for duels, so there'd at last have to be an exception for that.
    I've personally never played an MMO where skills spamming in towns created an issue. If your computer is so bad that when people pop a couple of skills in town you lag out that's your fucking problem. You're probably going to have the same issue outside of town, and boss raids would be a nightmare. That's the point where it's up to the user to fix their shit, either turn your settings down or upgrade your hardware.

10. Senji

I'm sorry if something I said irked you, but not everyone has the funding or resources to buy high-end PC's or gaming software. I personally am fine, but I'm speaking for those people who have lower-end PC's who cannot withstand the amount of data from hundreds or even thousands of players spawning and spamming skills (Most likely the beginning town). I understand what you're saying, but disabling something like this would reduce the server lag quite a bit - a couple hundred players' action data's worth of less lag.

11. Nelchael

It might not cause lag for most people, but seeing as cities are safezones anyway, there's not much point in allowing it other than to give the player an illusion of freedom.
    As for duels, just temporarily allow the people who are in a duel to use skills. Problem solved. Maybe make it so they'd have to be in a specific, duel-enabled area in the city, so as to prevent them from disturbing other people?

Leo likes this.
  12. Stratosfyr

Stratosfyr Veteran Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Can my blade just have fire?

13. Kayen

Kayen Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Developers shouldn't be removing content based on "but I don't think the low end users will be able to run this", that's what settings are for. If someone's got such a shit computer that it can't handle a couple extra textures/particle effects they can always just turn the settings down, epzp. If someone's trying to run high settings on a low spec computer they're all kinds of autistic.

14. Kizito Teka

Kizito Teka Christmas VIP Christmas VIP Seasoned Adventurer

Just have the glows as they do in SAO, instead of magic.

15. Darvaken

Thats kinda what im asking,id love to have a black glowing weapon hehe

16. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

this thread is getting a bit off topic isnt it?

17. Darvaken

Not at all?we still talk about glowing weapons?

18. Leo

NOOO, Not a all

19. Nelchael

I was talking about glowing skills causing lag, and a possible solution being preventing users from using skills in safezones. Still on topic.

20. Leo

the topic there is if either or not you should be able to use skills in safezones. that's off topic. but oh well, lets get back on alright?