Hard to make/custom clothing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cronfile, Jun 10, 2018.

1. cronfile

cronfile Black VIP Black VIP Seasoned Adventurer

It'd be cool if merchants could own their own clothing store and stock whatever outfits they choose, so the store could be a specific-type store. The idea I had is that there could be some outfits that have to be crafted from extremely rare materials and needs very high level crafting to make. This would make it fun to have a store, as you could go adventure and run dungeons to get the rare materials and eventually make an item, which would sell for a lot of money. It would help the player economy and would actively give store owners ways of grinding to make items to sell. Some clothing items would be very rare as it would be very very hard to make them. This would be a great reward to merchants who grind for their shops to be popular and successful!

Let me know what yall think of this

Ares likes this.
  2. Tohuki

Tohuki

I would really love to see that implemented! But i think that the amount of shops would be too high, if you know what am i talking about. Let's say that the game will have 50K players (i don't doubt the game, but i know that mmorpgs don't get much players lately) and 1/3 will have their own shop. After that, they leave the game and it would still be there as their shop. It could be on the hardcore server, like if you don't play for too long, the npcs would think you've gone missing, and give the place to another player and so on, but i really don't know. It would certainly be cool to have shops, but there would be too many shops, i think. They could be really expensive so only the top 1% of players could get them, and other players could help get the resources and get paid. I really don't know, since i'm not a dev, but at least give me your opinion on my opinion :D

3. Byrat

Byrat Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Maroon VIP

its a great idea to keep people also motivated for actually going for the merchant role...
    to actually make this work though we would need these shops to be rentable rather than compeatly ownable. other wise it would be unfair for new player as tohuki mentioned.
    if this still doesnt work and player cant get the oppurtunity to rent such a store, we could have a system in which a players cant rent a shop for more than 1 - 2 (as an example) or a system were the rent ist just increasing so that the longer u keep it the more u pay for it...

an other idea would be having opportunity to set up a booth were player can buy the items you offer...so you can just sell items while being after ...ofcourse u cant do anthing besides that

4. Kiriel

Kiriel Adventurer Adventurer

They are all nice ideas, from what I remember from the initial idea of the game I think there was the possibility of having stores, but if then the problem of overpopulation occurs, a quick solution would be that the store is automatically deleted after a long period of inactivity of the player or as suggested by Byrat, that to maintain a store must pay a monthly fee of course with the currency of the game (which is not too high) so as to confirm that the player is active, in my opinion this is the best idea and even more practical...
    Mentre in caso non si possono fare dei negozi in game si potrebbe allestire un negozio temporaneo in game per vendere i proprio oggeti, fino a quando il player non lo rimuova o non esegua il log out, o ancora piu facile sarebbe quella di un npc che venda gli oggetti per tutti i player, che secondo me sarebbe migliore ed anche più veloce e che li venda anche se il player sia offline, a mio parere in caso di mancanza di negozi sarebbe bello implementare entrambe le possibilità o che comunque qualsiasi cosa scelgano gli sviluppatori penso che la mia seconda idea debba esserci comunque, per chi non ha tempo di dedicarsi al negozio o in caso non abbia tempo di giocare, o che almeno in game ci fosse qualcosa di simile.
    Ps: I used Google translator
    ITALIAN VERSION
    Sono tutte delle belle idee, da quel che ricordo dall'idea iniziale del gioco mi pare che ci fosse la possibilità di avere dei negozi, ma se poi si presenta il problema della sovrappopolazione una rapida soluzione sarebbe quella che il negozio venga automaticamente eliminato dopo un lungo periodo di inattività del player oppure come ha suggerito Byrat, che per mantenere un negozio bisogna pagare un canone mensile ovviamente con la valuta del game (che non sia troppo alta) in modo da avere la conferma che quel player sia attivo, a mio parere questa è l'idea migliore ed anche più pratica...
    Mentre in caso non si possono fare dei negozi in game si potrebbe allestire un negozio temporaneo in game per vendere i proprio oggeti, fino a quando il player non lo rimuova o non esegua il log out, o ancora piu facile sarebbe quella di un npc che venda gli oggetti per tutti i player, che secondo me sarebbe migliore ed anche più veloce e che li venda anche se il player sia offline, a mio parere in caso di mancanza di negozi sarebbe bello implementare entrambe le possibilità o che comunque qualsiasi cosa scelgano gli sviluppatori penso che la mia seconda idea debba esserci comunque, per chi non ha tempo di dedicarsi al negozio o in caso non abbia tempo di giocare, o che almeno in game ci fosse qualcosa di simile.