I was wondering.....

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nyx, Oct 15, 2015.

?

Player run stalls should be a thing ....

1. Sure

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nyx

Nyx Birthday Boy Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

You know how the stuff you don't want right now (because its garbage compared to your own stuff) might be something a lower tier player wants really badly? Or how you're a 1 handed sword user(with a shield) or a Dual wielder and you find this awesome spear but cant equip it because the skills for your weapon and the spear don't match?

How about a player run stall that sells player-found-stuff to other players? I get the feeling this will go well with what many business guilds want. We could have local stores run by guilds containing items featured only there. Players feature their items in the stall for an amount of time and name a price for the item. Anyone who wants to buy the item pays the stall and the stall pays the player. A portion of the money goes to the guild running the stalls.

Comments and criticism(as long as it is logical) is appreciated.

2. Storm

Storm Seasoned Adventurer

I'm in for a stall system but only if there is some global network that connects all the stalls but asks for a little tax or something; it really speeds up the process of looking around stalls because otherwise tehre are 5k stalls. And why bother to have stalls at all then? So you actualy have to use time to make money, also you might pass a stall selling something you didn't think about searching for and/or in the stall it will be a bit cheaper than on the network.

3. Nyx

Good point, and I suppose the tax would go to the guild, but the problem is that the stalls are to be run by the business guilds. I wonder if they'd want shared storage needed to create a global network. As far as I know, business tends to be competitive.

4. Reach

Reach Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

As long as player shops don't crowd the main streets of cities so you can't see anything or walk anywhere

You know what I'm talking about

Jorno likes this.
  5. Storm

Storm Seasoned Adventurer

Usualy in games that allow stalls also have a key to hide all players; so you can easily see the needed NPCs.

6. Nyx

You know how SAO had buildings for sale? Maybe they could use bought buildings for the stall or set aside an area next to the guild hall.
    Ps. I come from a place where roadside stalls used to cover half the streets. I dont want those in AoA

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  7. Nekoko

Nekoko Adventurer Adventurer

Well how about stalls that can be rented ? That would balance the number of stalls on the streets. Another solution would be a stall run by NPC, the NPC would then be accepting items (you'll have to pay though) you want to be sold but with a time limit, if your item is not bought within the said time it will return to your inventory.

Voidwalker likes this.
  8. Nyx

That or limit the number of areas that can be bought or sold.
    But what are you paying for here?(just a bit confused about this)

Nekoko likes this.
  9. Nekoko

Nekoko Adventurer Adventurer

Tax ^^

10. _Middle_

_Middle_

Yeah, I am totally up for stalls just as long as there is a system to avoid a stall every five feet of players selling 1-3 items. Like you guys are talking about, an "upkeep fee" to keep the stall. Also, it should cost a lot of money to have a stall in the city compared to a village. Also I am totally up for the idea of the building idea, actually I prefer it. If there are already building that you could rent, it would look much better and gives it a better feel.