Anime Illyon's Anime Polls #22 - Archetypes: Planning the Strings

Discussion in 'Gaming/Anime/Manga Discussions' started by Illyon, Sep 3, 2016.

?

What series has your favourite antagonist who has planned out the whole plot?

1. Gundam 00

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Zetsuen no Tempest

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Bleach

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Illyon

Illyon Pokémon Master | Treasure Hunters God Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Blue VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

hello humans (and other).

I have returned for the twenty-second poll of the series. The system will be the same as always: you may nominate up to two candidates in this thread, while having one vote in the poll I start next Saturday.

And another one who won a poll. Finally.
    What is your favourite antagonist who planned out the whole plot?

The kind of antagonist who doesn't just pull the strings, but planned for every bat accidentally getting tangled in them. Regardless of whether it actually happened or not. The Lelouch kind of character, just more antagonist. Or someone you've never heard of, but when looking back at it the plot suddenly makes sense. Or the ally you wouldn't ever expect to be the antagonist. You know how this goes.

I'd actually nominate something here, but I shall once more refrain - there are spoilers I wouldn't want to wish on my worst enemies. You go ahead though.

With this, let it begin.

Greetings,
    Illyon

2. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Gundam 00 and Fate/Zero

I won't say who the antagonist is though.

3. Stuart

Stuart Oldtimer

4. Illyon

Illyon Pokémon Master | Treasure Hunters God Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Blue VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

as someone who has watched F/Z and actually read F/SN, I'd disagree with Anon, but considering how he refused to state the name I'll just assume he has things in mind. And two poll options would be rather disappointing, considering how there are quite a few nice series of that kind out there.

5. Anon

Hmm in that case can you switch F/Z with Zetsuen no Tempest.

Also I was thinking of
    Angra Mainyu
    from F/Z

6. Illyon

I thought so. While technically not false as an antagonist, it is misleading when you don't know about the background.
    Also, Angra Mainyu was implanted in a previous war. I doubt he (... it?) planned everything, not fitting well into the archetype.

7. Anon

Yea I guess you should replace it then.

8. Maure2_0

Maure2_0

does Gendo from evangelion count?

9. Tokikaze

Tokikaze Treasure Hunter Knight 2018 Red VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Uhhh...the thread pretty much died, because the user that used to do this series left the community. Sorry for being a party pooper

10. Maure2_0

Maure2_0

It´s ok, no big deal realy ^^