I'm so confused as a human being... :/

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Pink Skull, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Did I do the right thing?

1. Yes, man... Kindness is the way of life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No?! Have you watched IronBloodedOrphans? That's a cruel act

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Some questions aren't answered as simple as Yes or No

50.0%
  4. Yes. Bone's going to be a waste. So better give it to the dog.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No. Dog is living normally and you just had to bump something in its life.

50.0%
  1. Pink Skull

Pink Skull Adventurer Adventurer

Sorry for being random... I just have to share my thoughts... xD
    Let me cut straight to the story... I had a dinner in my dorm but it didn't fill me up so I had to deliver food from a fastfood...
    I was reading Deathtopia in my phone while waiting in the dorm lobby, and up front, just outside, near the door, was the infamous Dorm Stray Dog that comes in the morning, stay in the front yard all day, and go away in the evening, every single day as if waiting for something.. but it seems like that something has never come back and the dog was used to it but nevertheless chose to wait...
    I never paid any attention to it until the time my food came and I decided to eat it on the spot... I was eating happily and reading happily, but then I realized that the dog was slowly walking close to me all the while staring intently on the chicken I held as I put it down to dip in the gravy and shove it in my mouth repetitively...
    Here goes the dilemma... It is highly likely that he was there everyday because my dormmates pet him and give him food... And I was wondering if living that way could be an effecting surviving lifestyle... But then again, he's alive and kicking even now just waiting for food.. maybe from passers by or the canteen staff... So I shifted my thinking to: "If I give him food, I may take away the ability of the dog to be independent" as said by the MC of Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan which I had just recently started to watch this afternoon... Then I realized, I was ****ing overthinking these things by now... who cares if he aint independent... he's living his life, happy or unhappy... I got no say, I have my own life, he got his own.. So **** it... I quickly finished my food and gave him the leftover bones....
    Ahhh, that's life... I decided to stay for a while because the dog might leave some bones chips or something and the guard might scold me because of the mess the dog caused and tell me to clean the whole frontyard... I guess dogs do like bones since it ate the whole thing.. nothing was left...
    And here comes another dilemma, THE DOG WAS LOOKING AT ME WITH PUPPY EY-- DOGGY EYES and I can hear its thoughts saying, "That was so delicious, so ****ing awesome.. I want more." Now I fell into the pit of darkness, he wants MOOOOORE... Come to think of it... The passers by might be only feeding him with rotten food or some leftovers that aren't good... Heck, I even saw a girl giving him a vegetable... Do dogs eat vegetables? Well, maybe yeah.. but she was disappointed when the dog rejected her offering.. Anyways... A bunch of thoughts came to me.. Why did I give him the bones in the first place?? Was it because i dont eat bone and it would be a waste to throw it when there's some dog who could make use of it?? Or was it because I was pitying him?? Then I concluded, no matter what reason I may have... Everything in this world were grouped by the majority of people as right or wrong, good or bad... So... I gave him the bones... Did I do the right thing?? Well, yes.. cause I gave food... Better give than receive... I helped lessen its hunger... Normally, these thoughts would have overtaken my mind as fast as Sasuke's Chidorii.. NO, I've read too many psychological manga that these thoughts would naturally trigger to me as, WRONG THINKING... In the long run, if I put myself in the dog's shoes... or feet... I might long for those bones over and over again but the chances of eating them again is too slim... who knows when this person might order a delivery and give his bones a second time? Maybe he'll order a no bone dish the next time... And then I thought.. Yeah, it's easy.. I won't set up high expectations so I'll live my life just like any other day.. not waiting for bones or other delicious food... AND THEN I REALIZED... the dog has no way in hell thinking the same thing as me... for him... its just... the food is delicious i wanna eat it again... He'll always want to eat those chicken bones again... The taste of it will never leave its tongue for a loooong time and it would torture him over and over again because he had just tasted a pure happiness and would definitely want to feel that same happiness again... but he would never know that that happiness may be the only happiness he'll experience in his life... It pains me as i think about this... as I think that I may have given him something like the drugs people nowadays indulge themselves into... But the thing is these drugs can't be reached by the dog unless someone gave it to him... Its like... never knowing when you could smoke again when you're a decade-veteran smoker.. how painful could that be... (I'm not a decade-veteran smoker)
    But the thing is, I guess, I'll never know his feelings... It's like, what's that again, Schrodinger's Cat?.. the one you won't know if the cat is inside or not unless you open it?... Its like that but with feelings.. Is it painful or not?? You'll never know unless you're the one who's experiencing it... and sometimes, you can't even know your feelings yourself... So I may be drowning myself here in thinking things, but the dog might've forgotten the deed I've done already... or he didn't... but there's no use thinking about it as I have no means of knowing such things in this world...
    GOSH... I'm so confused... Why must I live overthinking things like this... Ughhh
    That's all.. thank you for reading if you had read my whole story... Please let me know if you've got to say something

2. Mathew

Mathew Red VIP Red VIP Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer Oldtimer

What the fuck

Revan3917 and Black Abyss like this.
  3. MirageKing

MirageKing Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Grey VIP Rainbow VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer Alpha Key Holder

side note for future reference, do NOT give chicken or any bird bones to animals of any kind. bird bones are hollow and splinter easily, in a worst case scenario this can do damage to the animals intestines, possibly killing them. beef bones and other large animal bones are fine, but chicken bones are a no no.

Revan3917 likes this.
  4. Pink Skull

Pink Skull Adventurer Adventurer

Omy... that totally makes sense.. I didn't know that... :eek:

Revan3917 likes this.