Intertwined Skills!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PhantomFury, Feb 28, 2018.

1. PhantomFury

PhantomFury Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I had a thought recently concerning how skill mechanics work. As opposed to the skill only giving the player an ability that the skill offers (e.g. Spear Handling can only give you the ability to use spear), each skill could also offer traits to character as well as aid other skills when possible. For an example, being a blacksmith can increase your strength stat which will aid them if they are a tank or a heavy weapon wielder; while also offering you extra information concerning an item that normal players would otherwise not get (say, ore quality, level of the crafter [can see the level of the handiwork created by a lower level player], etc.) Another example would be that you have an entertainer skill and you "have an eye for reaction" and can see when a mob will begin to aggro before non-entertainers as well as (in the case of dancers) raise the agility stat, which will help with skills like martial arts. Feedbacks welcome!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    TamaLuna likes this.
  2. Nizza

Nizza Green VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

I think they already did this, this is common for most rpg games imo. Even in real life, of course a blacksmith will grow a muscle.

Nonetheless thank you for posting your suggestion, it is highly appreciated by the community, have a great day :Doge:

3. PhantomFury

PhantomFury Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

It's common now? Welp, take that as me being away from the gaming scene for almost a decade :pidgy:

Revan3917 likes this.