Juuruzu's suggestions pt. 1 "Weapon sheaths"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Juuruzu, Oct 1, 2015.

?

What sheath position do you prefer?

1. Back

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Waist

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Lower back

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Juuruzu

Juuruzu

Important note #1: For all those who don't "read carefully", these are NOT the features and contents of the game. These are just my suggestions for the game.//I misused the word "Sheath" but you get the idea. :)
    Important note #2: I will be posting multiple threads consisting of different ideas, concepts, and suggestions I think players will also like to see in the game. I accept any comments regarding my concepts.

Welcome to Juuruzu's suggestions!
    I've thought about documenting suggestions that comes to mind but I also want to share it with you guys. I'm also curious to what you guys wanted to be implemented in the game and this can also help lessen the dev team's time spent in thinking what we need.

So in this first part of Juuruzu's suggestions, I will be discussing weapon sheaths. But first, What are weapon sheaths? Weapon sheaths, according to google is a cover for the blade of a knife or sword. Here's an example:
    [​IMG]
    The weapon sheath's appearance and its position also affect our perception so technically sheaths are as important as a weapon. No sheath, no weapon. For me, It can also beautify the character's appearance! Take a look at Skyrim's vanilla sheaths. To be honest it looks like "Sheath;)". But by adding some minor modifications you're character now sheaths it's sword at his/her back. That's how important weapon sheaths are. Anyway we're talking about weapon sheaths, now let's get down to business.
    Players should be able to modify their weapon sheaths and at the same time be able to choose their sheath's position.

Sheath
    Looted and bought weapons have default sheaths included. Crafting weapons should also include extra materials for making the sheath.

Sheath positions
    There are the three sheathe positions. I'm thinking that sheath position can be changed regarding the weapon's weight. I indicated the weapons/requirements and position for every sheath below.
    [​IMG]

Weight legend: [L]=Light, [A]=Average, [H]=Heavy

Requirements:
    -----[Back sheath]-----
    2 Handed [L] weapons (Staves, spears, etc.)
    1 Handed [A] weapons (Swords, shortswords, dual scythe, etc.)
    note: dual scythe is a lighter, smaller, and dual version of a scythe.
    2 Handed [A] weapons (Longswords, etc.)
    1 Handed [H] weapons (Shields, etc.)
    note: I know that it's not a weapon but you get the idea.
    2 Handed [H] weapons (Hammers, etc.)

-----[Waist side sheath]-----
    1 Handed [L] weapons (Rapiers, saber, daggers, etc.)
    1 Handed [A] weapons (Swords, shortswords, etc.)
    1 Handed [A/H] weapons (Maces, axes, etc.)
    note: it's categorized as [A/H] because I'm not sure if it's average, average heavy, or heavy.

-----[Lower back sheath]-----
    1 Handed [L] weapons (Daggers, Certain types of shortswords, etc.)

That concludes part 1 of Juuruzu's suggestions entitled "Weapon Sheaths".
    So what do you guys prefer? Back, Waist or Lower back?

2. Anase Skyrider

Anase Skyrider Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

Technically, waists are supposed to be best because it allows for quick draws. It's part of what made the samurai more awesome. However, I'm partially a Kirito wannabe, so I guess I should say "Back". Swords on my back. Or maybe scythes. Not sure what kind of weapon I'd go for, but scythes are badass.

But... Question: Shouldn't you be able to equip dual scythes (or sickles) on your waist?

Also, it seems you've taken a lot of inspiration from those Skyrim weapon mods for animations, sheathing, and all that other stuff required for mods like "Dual Sheath Redux". I approve. Your ideas sound kinda cool. I'm eager to see what others think. Personally, I think you'll go far here if you can be very detailed and clean with your suggestions (and diagrams and other reference images are a huge plus). Although I feel like your text document for the weapon weights, types, and sheath positions would be a lot better in some kind of spreadsheet.

3. Mateusox

Mateusox

You can't really unsheathe a two-handed sword if the sheath's on your back because of the length of the blade compared to the lenght of your arm. For reference, watch Skallgrim's video on it.

4. Anase Skyrider

Anase Skyrider Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

Yeah, but... There is a way to do it. Basically, you pull down on the sheath while drawing the sword so that you don't have to extend your arm as much. Not completely practical, but it does make it more feasible.

5. _Middle_

_Middle_

I like this idea. I don't really have a preference on a position. But I think this idea should also be implemented with the cash shop. Being able to buy colored sheaths or something like that would be cool. But that means you can see what kind of weapon a players has, or at least a better guess, making the Inspection Skill (http://age-of-aincrad.gamepedia.com/Inspection) a little less useful.