Kirito May Just Be The Stupidist Video Game Player Yet

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Stratosfyr, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Stratosfyr

Stratosfyr Veteran Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

This is all hypothetical, but in one episode during the Christmas event, eaaaarrrlllyy game (around floor 25 was unlocked), Kirito chases the event for a revive scroll. Now extrapolating with the following data:

-Kirito OP
    -Kirito Knows All
    -Kirito had a revive scroll early game
    -Was In Game For 2 Years

It's pretty safe to say Kirito would get another revive scroll at SOME point throughout the next 60ish floors.

So when Asuna dies, I don;t understand why he sulks and get's so emotional that he forgets the items he has maybe to revive, or stabalize her. Not sure. Heck, the minute I found out about Heathcliff I would have been like NOPE and tp'd the hell out of there with bae.

thoughts?

Flying Banana likes this.
  2. Judah

Judah Game Designer Rainbow VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

wat

3. Invalid

Invalid Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

"The item can be activated on the player's shortcut menu or by holding the materialized item and uttering «Revive ... [Player's Name]». The effect will only work during the time frame between the death of the player and the disappearance of item's effect light, which is approximately ten seconds."

Self explanatory. He didn't know that Asuna would die nor did he know where to get a new revival item.

Regardless, he's an idiot nonetheless.

Tōka likes this.
  4. Flaming shuriken

Flaming shuriken Seasoned Adventurer

The Illuminati stole asuna's soul, so she could not be revived.

5. Illyon

Illyon Pokémon Master | Treasure Hunters God Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Blue VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

refer to:

Tōka likes this.
  6. Stratosfyr

I don't know, maybe if I saw my gf/wife/bae/thing get clobbered the way she did I'd ask a few questions like "how bad is your hp?" then either pull out a pot or scroll respectively.

As for knowing where to get a scroll. How do you think he learned about the first one?

I also seriously doubt in an MMO there would not be an event or other way in the next year and a half of obtaining a revive scroll.

Illyon addressed this already, but I'm going to continue. The reason he gave it to Klein was because he hadn't met Asuna yet and he knew Klein had friends around him who he cared about, whereas Kirito did not. I think it's safe to say that after the marriage he would've started looking for one just in case. He knew the game was getting harder.

7. Illyon

Illyon Pokémon Master | Treasure Hunters God Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Blue VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

With the correction that he knew Asuna, but hadn't met her again since the boss battle of floor 1.

Tōka likes this.
  8. Illyon

Toka pls. Let's keep this suitable for children :Troll:

9. Stratosfyr

lol i knew it'd get moderated, but I needed to make a point XD

10. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Just because he got a revive item once which works terribly doesn't mean he will get another. I am guessing another revive item would have appeared during a Christmas event like the first time but the game ended before Christmas came so its safe to say that he never got another revive item.

11. dragrn

dragrn Purple VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer

Actually I don't agree, I think it was very possibly that Kirito would've came across and acquired another revive item. My explanation for why he didn't use it on Asuna is that he was so overcome by the feels that he was put into a state of shock within which he could not think straight. The feels got him good.

12. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

They didn't show him get another revive item and as far as I am concerned that means he never got another one. And what I said there was that Kirito got the revive item during a Christmas event and that was the only Christmas that took place during the time they were trapped in the game(just pointing it out if it seems unclear).

13. dragrn

dragrn Purple VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer

Yea I got your point that he got the item during an event. I'm just doubtful that the item was meant to be put in the game once for only one person to use and only return once every year during an event.

14. Voidwalker

Voidwalker Adventurer Adventurer

No offense meant, but the title of this thread sounds like a Buzzfeed article title. XD

Kagami likes this.
  15. SilverFoxHound

SilverFoxHound

I think kitiro just likes to let the emo take over.....:cool:

Just think about the end of season 2 when he was gonna get a shanked Irl and then out of nowhere after pretty much giving up an losing finds the "hidden power" within him to over come douchie scientist guy (can't remember his name off hand)

Let's be honest he didn't have to be emo to begin with and could have avoided bring stabbed all together oringaly with using the right state of mind threward that whole irl fight considering he did compeletly woop his ass after.

I think he bringd that same way of thinking with him ingame which loses some of the common sense rationality so that he can flip his emo bangs every once and a while and feel :cool:

16. Kagami

Kagami Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Purple VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Whats with the spoilers yo

17. Flying Banana

Flying Banana Adventurer Adventurer

My thoughts exactly.

18. vincentlouie

vincentlouie Seasoned Adventurer

didnt kirito give the reviving item to klein?

19. SilverFoxHound

SilverFoxHound

Sorry I assumed any one that would comment on a topic like this.... which is a spoiler to season 1.... has seen the show fully at least to the end of the English dubbed episodes.

20. Kagami

Kagami Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Purple VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

yeah well i waited until GGO was completely dubbed before starting to watch with is today lol. It's cool, I didn't read it, just saying be careful.