Limited Time Forum Theme/Events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nizza, Nov 19, 2017.

Tags:
?

Let's make AoA alive?

1. Aye

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like pineapple on pizza

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Let AoA be ded

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nizza

Nizza Green VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Halloween bats and pumpkin and Christmas snow effect Themes and events?

Do you know that 79.8% of new members leaves immediately after signing up because they thought that the forum is dead. 11.2% stays a day or two then they will be inactive, because the forum is a ded. The remaining percent (that I am too lazy to do the math) leaves the forum after they saw the shoutbox. Do you also know that 50% members of this forum hates pineapple on pizza. Do you also know that 20.7% of members got bored, do you know that 68.9% of shoutbox conversation is made up of 'I'm bored' 'how are you?' 'boop beep' 'pe***' 'di**'. So yea it doesnt have anything to do with themes, I'm just bored. I just like to have more themes and events.

Also Christmas cards that you can send to other members with your message?

Source: I just made up those numbers

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Assassin likes this.
  2. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I don't know where you got your data - especially on the content of SB conversations - but out of your sources and your method of calculating the statistics, at least one is dodgy. Considering the fact that a handful of people are still there, your conclusion that everybody has left is wrong, too.

Also, we don't have reliable info on the pineapple topic, because as soon as one person starts the topic, everybody starts trolling them.

Bonus points for being funny, though.

Ignoring the pretty packaging you used to try and sell your proposals:
    • I'm pants at everything visual. More to the point, while I'll gladly do my best to actually implement a theme someone else designed, you do not want me to design a theme, myself.
    • I'm hereby summoning @Black Abyss to decide if a forum theme design contest is allowed. Any limitations and other details of such a contest are to be discussed with him, or whoever he redirects you to. My only request is that any contest entry should only be considered if it is detailed enough to actually work with.
    • Events are not my responsibility (which is good, because anything I'd come up with would probably be boring) - I refer you to @Leo for any further discussion on that topic.
    • The Christmas card thing... is a nice idea, but I have no idea how to start integrating that with XenForo. So for this Christmas at least, that's a no. I'm willing to listen to more details on this, though.

[EDIT]
    Rofl... and now I really want to know who actually voted for "I like pineapple on pizza", because before my vote, it was actually tied with "Aye" :D

SilverOvias and Nizza like this.
  3. rasmus15951

rasmus15951 Purple VIP Red VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer Oldtimer

I voted pineapple pizza :Troll:
    Can I design a theme in html/css instead of pictures? :p

4. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

It is a bit late to do a forum theme competition, and most people probably don't know how to design a forum.. We can do a competition similar to that. I'm planning another christmas event too, and maybe i can fit something like that in it. Thanks for the suggestion!

5. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Sure, if you want - as long as everything important is included at least once, I don't care how the theme proposal is created. I'll reject anything with missing pics immediately, though, so if your theme has pictures (most importantly background pictures), include them.

6. Nizza

Nizza Green VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Here are some the events I come up with
    Christmas Drawing Contest - Draw your own Christmas monster / dungeon / town / NPC.
    Christmas Quest Writing Contest - Writing your own Christmas quest like the Red-Nosed Reindeer episode of SAO. Or writing a lore or npc yaddah yaddah.

Takita and Black Abyss like this.
  7. Black Abyss

Black Abyss Lead Designer Staff Member Administrator Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

@RobinHoodPT the drawing contest sounds great for social media and @Leo the quest writing contest sounds sick for the forums.

Nizza likes this.
  8. Takita

Takita Shoutbox DJ | TakiRoll | Goddess of Lewd Light Purple VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

@Nizza coming with the good ideas, quest writing would be dope

Nizza and Black Abyss like this.