Multi-Languages

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aoshi, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Aoshi

Aoshi Adventurer Adventurer

Hi there Developers and community in general.

The suggestion I bring is very simple already. Based in the recent inclusion of the spanish section on the forum, It wouldn't be a bad idea to ask people from that section (and from any other further "Other languages section") to help to translate all the interface and other details (as story, quests, etc) to the other languages once the game enters in the alpha and beta phase.

I don't know if you've been thinking in this or not, but it would be nicer to the non-english speakers to have that option.

See you!

Twain Karakuwa likes this.
  2. Loki

Loki Adventurer Adventurer

It would indeed be nice for all the non-english speakers to have such an option. But, really, how many non-english speakers actually have an alpha key? The Alpha Test is all about reporting bugs to the developers. So if you can't speak english, you're most likely immediately disqualified to participate. (Or so I believe.)

And even in the Beta Test, the game will still be incomplete. So it will be weird to work on translating stuff if the game isn't even finished yet. Of course, they cannot let outsiders do that kind of work. Only members of the team are allowed to temper with the software and other stuff.

Anyway, I don't think this suggestion will do. It just adds extra unnecessary work.

3. Stluffy

Stluffy Veteran Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Loki is righto

4. Aoshi

Aoshi Adventurer Adventurer

Ok, I expressed myself wrong. When I wrote this, I was thinking in a more open to every kind of player phase, I shouldn't said Alpha or Beta phase. However, my intention was simply to suggest the use of the non-english speakers for this kind of feature (If it was in the plans of the developers), because I am so tired of horrible translation mistakes in some MMOs.

Stluffy likes this.
  5. Stluffy

Stluffy Veteran Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

6. Tylleur

Tylleur Adventurer Adventurer

Hello everybody.
    I put knows not many in programmings and all this but for example I am French I understand well enough English but to speak I have many difficulty and it's possible of integrated a system of translation?

7. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Good idea, Almost impossible to do tho. there are way too many threads

8. Suiledrad

Suiledrad Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

In fact, those who do not speak English, we have already thought about this before, but well in our sections do not take these ideas so much into account. That's why we have to come here to discuss it, or suggest it, this is a good idea, and in fact this is the problem in many online games, which is only the native language of the server. And as the language most used in the world is English, in the online games environment, by law almost, you are forced to read English or else you have to translate it by hand. It may be annoying at first, but then you get used to it, but you will always see limits of understanding, for people to translate. However, when doing manual game translations, it takes longer, and is really tired, better in the future, at least translate into basic languages used in the world, and include Spanish among them.