October 2018 Update

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Leo, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Hello everyone!

It’s been a while since our last update post, but progress has been moving steadily on the project. We’ve made a lot of progress we want to share, so please read on our October 2018 Update!

http://age-of-aincrad.com/post/2018-october-update

Cheers,
    The Cardinal Games Team

2. IncredibleApollo

IncredibleApollo Super Donator Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Teal VIP Red VIP Rainbow VIP Purple VIP Pink VIP Light Purple VIP Green VIP Brown VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Blue VIP Cyan VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer SUPER DONATOR

This I have to say it's a mother f PogChamp

Leo likes this.
  3. Harhin

Harhin

Hell yeah! Getting closer to that release!

PhantomFury and Leo like this.
  4. Whitescythe

Whitescythe

Looks great cant wait for some Combat Gameplay! :)
    Not quite what i expected but its looking clean and still has some anime artstyle to it (wish it was a bit more anime-ish but its fine).
    Keep it up guys thank you for the update after so long :)

Leo likes this.
  5. SilverMagix

SilverMagix

Wow, almost like you read my mind. It looks stunning, but I feel like it’s not gonna be similar in any way to Sao. I don’t know if this is being done purposely or not. Don’t get me wrong, it looks amazing, but there is a small bit of sadness to it as well (I hope I’m wrong, but it’s looking like it’s gonna be a beautiful version of Runescape or some King vs King with knights etc kind of game)

Edit: Medieval was the word I’m looking for :p

Whitescythe likes this.
  6. Whitescythe

Whitescythe

Funny i thought too that it looks like a beautiful version of runescape haha. :D
    Yes it looks great just a bit too "realistic" for an anime inspired game xD but hey at least some anime-ish touch to it ^^
    I just hope that monsters and people arent looking too "realistic" :/ thats kinda my worries at this point.. have to wait and see i guess :confused::rolleyes::)

7. SilverMagix

SilverMagix

Yeah. And the same for clothing and weaponry and stuff (haven't really seen anything other than that sick looking scythe :p). What I think SAO did amazingly was make the balance between medieval (the town houses, weapons etc) and futuristic stuff (sword skills, the floors etc). I hope this game will be able to achieve something similar.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  8. Ritsuka

Ritsuka Rainbow VIP Rainbow VIP Adventurer

Honestly its fairly similar to those playstation games that came out, from the limited video I've seen of them, however, with a more MMO vibe (mostly due to the camera angles). I'd say most modern day MMOs look practically the same anyways; I'd be hard pressed to pick many out of a lineup.
    From the screenshots it does seem to have that very SAO-esk way of distorting the view along the sides of the screen that makes it appear like you're looking at the game through VR. If its a feature or just the way they post-processed the screenshots, who knows, but if so it does show some uniqueness that will set it apart from the typical MMO.

SilverMagix likes this.
  9. SilverMagix

SilverMagix

v
    Agree with you, that's also one of the reasons not a single modern day MMO really appeals to me (I like playing some, just not a single one that I'd spent over 50 hours a week on (not that I play that much, but you get what I mean xD). I think it's too early to judge now though, until Alpha test that is.

Ritsuka likes this.
  10. Frgotenpower

Frgotenpower Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Teal VIP Red VIP Rainbow VIP Purple VIP Pink VIP Light Purple VIP Green VIP Brown VIP Dark Green VIP Cyan VIP Adventurer

Hell Yes! Its amazing to see the game progress through the years! Keep It Coming GUYS!

Harhin likes this.
  11. kazehayakhoa

kazehayakhoa

great work guys, looking forward to the gameplay and pvp

Leo likes this.