[Official] 27th AoA Newsletter: 12/07/15

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Leo, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

AoA Newsletter
    Be sure to drop a like if you enjoyed the newsletter!

Development News

Newsletter Screenshot #1:

[​IMG]

Special News:
    Changes regarding the Forum and Shoutbox
    "Since I became the new Head Mod some time ago, I made a few direct changes for the Forum and the Shoutbox to get back some order. I recently made some other changes and now we're introducing something new."
    post by: @Beater-kun
    News:

Rule Changes
    Forum Cleanup
    Warning Points System

Click on the Title to read the full thread.

Events:

Specials: League of Legends Alpha key Championship
    This is a Special event Hosted by @Leo, @Illyon and @Kevin , with the assist of the AoA Staff team.
    The Tourney Thread is going to be posted really soon, and it'll also be posted in the blog website section.
    Here are the prizes!
    1st place:
    Client Access for two days on August 1st
    Black VIP (1 Month)
    2760 RiotPoints(20$)
    2nd Place:
    Rainbow VIP (1 Month)
    650 RiotPoints (5$)
    3rd place:
    Cyan VIP (1 Month

Be sure to check it out soon!

AoA Alpha Key Drawing Competition - Winners!

The Winners of the tournament will be announced tomorrow, 13/07/2015!
    It may be a bit delayed, but be close! if you participated, check if you won the Alpha key or a GE key!
    If you did not, go check the awesome art of the winners!

New Summer events
    Summer break is coming, meaning one thing: New Events!
    As the vacation time is coming, the team and i will have more time to organize events for you.
    Expect Movie Nights, Karaoke Nights, Tournaments, Competitions, and who knows, Maybe Giveaways!
    Stay close!

List Of Events:
    Yu-gi-oh Championship:

This will be Hosted after the LoL Event.
    It is a Yu-gi-oh card game tournament, 1vs1.
    The rules and other specifics of the tournament will be released on it's thread!
    It will be hosted soon, don't forget to check the forums!

1vs1 - Chess Series
    This was an event suggested by @KernelPad !
    This event base is simple: Battle 1vs1 on chess, with Special Rules!
    Bo12, Limited time, Limited Turn Time, And many others!

The First event will be Saturday, 13/06/15!
    @Leo
    VS
    @KernelPad

The first 2 games have been played, finals date will be released soon

Guild's Competit
    ions
    New Events for GUILDS are coming soon!
    AoA Will have a Guild Rating.
    The most competitions you participate, the more points you get.
    The points you get will depends on your classification on the competition.
    It may also be linked with Project GE!

List of Events:
    Guild VS Guild: Chess Tournament
    It's time for some Team Chess!
    It has pretty much the basic chess rules, but you play it as a team.
    This can make some pretty interesting games, as 5 minds Think better than 1!
    or maybe not...
    Stay close!

Another possible tournaments
    The AoA Team may be Organizing a new tournament soon.
    CS:GO may be the main choice.
    Stay close for more info!

Website News:

Suggestions Monthly Review
    From now on, i will do a Monthly Get together
    of some of the In-game suggestions.
    This will make it easier for the members and developers to check the suggestions,
    and it will be fun brainstorming about all of it!

Keep Active to find more about this!
    ™™™Coming SOON™™™™

Top 3 Guilds:
    (by activity, Number of replies to thread)

The Black Knights of Aincrad

New World Knights

Ascencion Warriors

New Guilds

__​

Biweekly Newsletter fan-fic
    New section on the Newsletter!
    Write your fan-fic and post them on the forums, and they might get chosen and be posted here!

This newsletter's fan-fic is:
    The Terafuwa Stories [Ended]
    This is the Legendary fanfic from @Terallian .
    The Terafuwa Stories is the most known and read AoA Fanfic, and i have to say, it really is that good.
    Enjoy!

Worthy Thread Mention
    This is a new Newsletter section where i'll mention a "worth taking a look" thread.

This Newsletter's thread is:

Digital Art: How To ..

This is a thread written by @Olly .
    In this thread, Olly helps you to learn how to.. well, do Digital Art!
    It is very nice for those who are starting to explore that art, definitely worth checking!

Community Member of the Week:

@Tarulia

(From the previous Newsletter)
    &

@Treyhax

Tarulia's Interview:

Who are you? Tell us a bit about you!

So yeah my Name is Robin, from Leipzig in Germany, 24 years old. I'm an avid Gamer, mostly MMOs. I mainly Play(ed) WoW, Guild Wars 2, PlanetSide 2 and League of Legends. Though I also enjoy most singleplayer games I played, I can never really stick to them because I miss playing with other People.

How and when did you Join AoA?
    I found AoA quite a while back when the old old old Website still existed, I was just randomly Googling for an SAO MMO (because I thought some Major company might have already done this), and this was pretty much the first Thing that popped up. I followed the Project for quite a while, later told Peter (Gamerspunch) and Laura (Kilia01) about it. They joined the Team relatively quickly because of their Game Design education they are doing, but I didn't quite find a place yet. So one day I asked about how I could get involved into the Project with no Knowledge in Game Design and it was suggested that there are WebDevs urgently in Need (but I didn't know that, since the old apps page was broken). The next day I was writing with Dawid (Black Abyss) and Elijah (straypixel), did a test Website and was accepted into the Team on 25.05.15.

What is the origin of your username?
    There's no real origin Story behind it really. My usual Username is actually Mihawk90, since I always was Kind of a fan of Mihawk Dulacre from One Piece. Mihawk was taken in most of the Forums I was frequenting at the time so I just appended the birthyear (yes, I'm creative). Tarulia was the Name of my Main Character for ~6 years of WoW and I just got used to it, even being called by it in several games and communities. It just came to my mind one day, but fun fact, I googled it years after I already had the Name and found out it's apparently a Little village in the middle of nowhere in Indonesia or something...

What are your plans for the future?
    So yeah that's an easy one. I don't really have a lot of interests except Web-Development stuff and Gaming. Since I can't get into a gaming carrier (due to missing education and/or Money for it) and Web-Dev being my favorite anyway I'm trying to persue that. I do have a lot of difficulties with getting into it, but explaining that would be boring, too Long and not of any interest anyway, also it's some Kind of a private matter ;)

How did you learn to code?
    A few years back (even before wow I think...?) I was in a Forum with a private developer of Little useful applications I used at the time. He had his own Website set up and I was just experimenting with it locally (pulling a local copy was THE SHIT at the time!), playing around trying what would happen if I changed this or that (since having no idea of anything at the time). I also had HTML in School before that, but - as most People - didn't see any use in just plain tables and text (since even at the time the Website out there were more advanced). We later programmed in Delphi in School, which was interesting but didn't really catch me since I was already a Little more into the web stuff. I later began a school-based IT education where we also programmed a Little in QBasic (the teachers were a Little meh...). I moved on on my own with PHP and later a Little bit of JavaScript (which I didn't seen the potential in at the time).

How many languages do you know (Codding ones)?
    Mostly webbased ones, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, SQL.
    Non-webbased ones only Basic Knowledge would be a Little bit of C++ and - as said earlier - Delphi. However I'm confident that I could get into pretty much any language in a few days with having a good documentation, simply because most of programming (and a lot of People - even on this Forum - Forget this too often) is not about knowing the language, but more about knowing the logic behind it. Once you get the logic down you can work in any language with a decent documentation.

What's your favourite hobby?
    Yeah I don't really have a lot. I'm fiddling around a lot on Web based ideas, how to do stuff I come up with and seeing if I can get it to work. Other then that of Course gaming a lot (currently I really enjoy Guild Wars 2 again), watching Animes and movies once in a while.

Is there anything else you want to say?
    Don't do drugs? No seriously if anyone is interested in Web Stuff I'm always happy to help out, given that you're working on something on your own (I just simply cannot teach someone from the beginning - also because most of it is experience - but I'm happy to help out on specific issues).
    Also stay nice in Forum and Shoutbox, we want to build a community that Comes along well. Our mods hate banning People just as much as users hate being banned, but if there is no way around it they will be strict about it, because we don't want the community to get toxic about each other. Stay nice and with a adequate amount of respect to each other and you will probably never have to worry about Mods.

In that sence, stay nice, have fun
    Greetings,
    Tarulia

Treyhax's interview:

Who are you? Tell us a bit about you!
    Hmm, I'm a 16 year old male who currently resides in America. I've lived 2 years overseas, it was quite an experience.
    I am heading to the 11th grade next year if anyone wanted to know my educational status. I also watch a lot of anime. In the past year I've watched 33.9 days of anime according to MAL. I don't know whether to be proud or worried.

How and when did you Join AoA?
    I joined AoA last winter. I had just watched SAO and with a little bit of googling "Sword Art Online MMORPG" under the influence of hype, I found these forums.

What is the origin of your username?
    I needed a username for League of Legends and I wanted something that had hax in it cause hacking seemed pretty mlg at the time (I was in 7th grade). And so the name Treyhax was born, I've stuck with it since because I honestly can't come up with anything better. And no Trey is not my real name I just made that up and it seemed to go well with hax.

What's your favourite hobby?
    Gaming has always been my favorite hobby but anime has taken over ever since. Chess is a notable hobby of mine as well, I've been playing it longer than I've been gaming.

What's your top 3 Anime?
    These are in no particular order.

1. Naruto - It may not be known as one of the best anime ever but Naruto will always hold a very special place in my heart. I've been watching it since I was a small child and I've seen it through to the end. Its taught me a lot of lessons and I've grown very attached to it.

2. Fate/Zero - This anime is a true 10/10. There is almost nothing I can fault this anime on. It's got great story, great animation, great fights, great characters. It's near perfection.

3. Clannad - I've watched both the first and second seasons of Clannad. I always used to look forward to watching an episode of Clannad. Something about it was very calming and relaxing to watch, especially in the first season. The feels in the second season were great too and lived up to their reputation.

How did you learn to play chess, and how do you practice?
    I was first introduced to chess by my dad at around the age 0f 10. I've learned quite a bit from him and have finally surpassed him *^*. I have read a few books on chess and at one point had a diamond membership on chess.com and learned quite a bit there. I usually practice by playing my dad or the computer and by playing against people on chess.com and occasionally even people here on AoA.

Is there anything else you want to say?
    I'm honored to be community member and am honestly quite glad I found this community. You guys are awesome and my favorite online community! And I mean that about every single person (Fancy you too). Rejoice in the light of my praise.

Be sure to drop a like if you enjoyed the newsletter!

Cheers,
    Leo

EDIT: Tournament Rewards Changed.​

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    WarriorPT, Volran, Maximuus0 and 12 others like this.
  2. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

If Tar is Robin who is Batman O_O?

3. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

League of Legends tourney will be hosted on NA correct? Last one was hosted on EU so it only seems fair to switch it up.

4. Terallian

Terallian Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

[​IMG]

Kathrall likes this.
  5. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Yuno pls

Terallian likes this.
  6. SW1PE

SW1PE Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

You had one job.

7. usermed

usermed Adventurer Adventurer

I hope there isn't something wrong with the game

8. Jorno

Jorno Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Screenshot or riot :mad:

[​IMG]

9. usermed

i don't know if it is the screen they promised but if you watch the Facebook page of aoa,there is an image of a village of the game that has been published today

Zeke likes this.
  10. Jorno

Jorno Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Exclusive (at least temporarily) screenshot for the newsletter or RIOT :mad:

Otherwise it's just pointless...

11. Zeke

Zeke Shoutbox Ban Rainbow VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

It isn't a big deal.

12. usermed

hey keep calm,we are all on the same boat,for example i'm waiting for a new video since the last video one year ago,we must be patient (for a while,if they don't upload a screen in the next 24h is riot ok? :D)

ps:i'm joking,take all the time you need developers.

13. Nyx

Nyx Birthday Boy Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

League tourney just when i was grounded from league.... ;-;

14. Nyanta

Nyanta Adventurer Adventurer

Can't wait for the tournaments!!!

15. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

blame the team mate

16. Illyon

Illyon Pokémon Master | Treasure Hunters God Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Blue VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Since it's been public on the facebook page since yesterday, I went ahead and added the screenshot to the thread.

Kathrall likes this.
  17. Leo

Thank you Illyon, i heard so

18. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

They were right the grass is too green.

19. Stluffy

Stluffy Veteran Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I'm proud of you my ex-husband @Treyhax

20. Treyhax

Treyhax Teal VIP Teal VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Thank you for your kind words ex-husband @Stluffy

Deep in my heart I will always love you.

Ivan G. and Stluffy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.