[Official] 30th AoA Newsletter: 21/09/2015

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Leo, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

AoA Newsletter
    Be sure to drop a like if you enjoyed the newsletter!

Development News

Newsletter Screenshot #3:
    [​IMG]

Pavlos Kyriakou AoA OST!

Special News:

Facebook: Daily posts until October 1st 2015
    A screenshot was recently posted on the Facebook page, which you can check on the Newsletter's Screenshot above. What does it mean?
    The AoA team decided to do daily leaks until the date, which you can check on AoA's Facebook page.
    Click the title to jump to the Facebook page!

AoA Quality Assurance Survey
    "Do you want to work hand in hand with our staff to create Age of Aincrad? We are looking for 50 people that will give constructive feedback on visuals, sound and mechanics so that we can better give you guys what you want to see!
    Fill in this survey and share this post for the chance to be selected to provide hands-on feedback to the devs!"
    On: Age of Aincrad Facebook page

Take your chance to work with the team!
    Click the link to go directly to the survey!

10$ Ebay Gift card Giveaway!

This is a compensation prize for important members of the community.
    The Gift Card will be attributed to a member chosen by the staff team, considered the Most helpful and active member of the community! (Staff members excluded)
    The Gift card will be given away on the end of September.
    Until then, show your love for the community, be helpful, active and nice to everyone!
    You might get a little reward for that !

Events:

Yu-gi-oh Championship:
    Here are the results of the Championship!
    1st place: Kathrall
    Forum VIP of choice within 15 GBP value for two months;
    Legendary Pokemon Hoopa, Mew and Manaphy

2nd place: Cormac
    Forum VIP of choice within 7.5 GBP value for two months;
    Legendary Pokemon Mew and Manaphy.

3rd place: Illyon
    Forum VIP of choice within 7.5 GBP value for one month;
    Legendary Pokemon Manaphy.

Congratulations to the winners!
    Click the title to get the full results!

Movie Nights: Poll vote!
    You can now vote for the movie we'll watch on our 3rd Movie Night!
    Here are the candidates:
    Pulp Fiction
    Death Note Live Action Movie
    Horns
    Jurassic World
    Click the title to vote!

Guild's Competit
    ions
    AoA Will have a Guild Rating!
    The most competitions you participate, the more points you get.
    The points you get will depends on your classification on the competition.
    Expect the next tournament to be a guild tournament!
    The System should be up soon!

Website News:

New VIP Insiders Program
    VIP Members will now have access to exclusive content from AoA!
    The new "Insiders Program" will be up and running really soon!

Top 3 Guilds:
    (by activity, Number of replies to thread)

The Black Knights of Aincrad

New Guilds
    Ionioi Hetairoi/Iskandar's Companions
    The Aincrad Mafia
    Xyris
    Rondone Morte

Biweekly Newsletter fan-fic
    New section on the Newsletter!
    Write your fan-fic and post them on the forums, and they might get chosen and be posted here!
    This newsletter's fan-fic is:

Journey through Sanity

This is a Story written by @Caesar.
    It is the story of a group of friends starting to play Age of Aincrad with a "full dive system" technology!

Worthy Thread Mention
    This is a new Newsletter section where i'll mention a "worth taking a look" thread.

This Newsletter's thread is:

Hype up guys!
    With some luck, @SiverCrow , the creator of this thread, will keep you guys updated with the facebook posts in the next 12 days.
    Check it out!

Community Member of the Week:
    @Matvyn ,

@Aceials ,

@Kathrall ,

(coming soon)

@Anon
    (comming soon)
    &

@Nozomi
    (comming soon)

Matvyn's interview:

(Will post it as he sent me! Guys, tell me if you liked this format!)
    I'm Matvyn, 21 years old, I live in Belgium and I'm studing in university.
    Joined in April 2014 don't rember how I got to the AoA site (perhaps via the Klein page on facebook).
    Just a random name I chose.
    Favourite hobby's is drawing.
    Top 3 anime: Elfen lied, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (and the other two) and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ^^
    Favourite game atm would be World of Warships (love them Japanese destroyers >w> )
    Anything else to say:
    Drawing is love, drawing is life ouo

Aceials 's interview:

Who are you? Tell us a bit about you!
    --Well my name is Andre, I'm 15 years old, I like gaming, playing guitar and I'm a military child so i've been almost everywhere in Europe. Oh, also I'm dyslexic af.

How and when did you Join AoA?
    --Like most people here, after watching SAO, I searched for a game similar to the anime. Found this commiunity and joined by a different username before it switched to VBulletin. And now I'm here.

What is the origin of your username?
    --Since my nickname irl is Ace, i wanted to stick to it but made it a little more original. So i added the 4th letter of my middle name, 1nd letter of my first name, 1st letter of my last name, and the last letter of my last name.
    (tl;dr i just took my nickname and added a bunch of desu at the end XD)

What's your favourite hobby?
    --I started taking up guitar lessons last year. Now I play my guitar whenever i have the time or whenever I'm bored.

What's your top 3 Anime?
    --I have a lot of favorites but my top 3 would probably be Parasyte, Death Parade, and Guilty Crown.

What's your favourite game?
    --The Kingdom Hearts franchise are definitely my favorite games. (even though I only had the first game and no memory card save it T-T)

Is there anything else you want to say?
    --I'm glad to be part of this community and honored to be member of the week. Can't wait to hang out with
    everyone in-game :D

Anon's interview:

I am Anon I am currently in New York, 16 years old (turning 17 in December \o/). I play a lot of games some of the ones that I currently play are osu, World of Warships, and Neverwinter. I usually like playing assassin type characters.

I joined AoA on the previous forms and I was looking for a MMO like SAO (no ranged weapons) and I found this site.

There was a story I once read about a boy who was named Anon by his mother because she liked a poem or something that was written Anonymously. I forgot what the story was called but the name stuck with me.

What's your favorite hobby?
    Playing games, watching anime, sleeping.

What's your top 5 Anime?
    In no particular order Dragon Ball Franchise, Bakuman, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, and Steins;Gate

What is the most important thing in your life?
    Spreading the word of the great potato and his teachings. Ever since December 30th 2014 (imagine everyone shouting random anime names with one of the words replaced with Potato in the SB) I have undertaken the mission teach everyone how the Great Potato has brought potatoes in this world to be eaten by mere humans like us so that we may survive in this vast and cruel world. If it wasn't for the mercy of the Great Potato most of us wouldn't even be alive.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    #BringBackTheEmotes

Kathrall's interview:

My name is Kathrall and I'm the most amazing awesome person in the world!
    Okay actually, I'm a 19 year old college student who lives just outside of Toronto, Canada. My main hobbies are gaming, hanging out with friends, and as expected of someone in college a lot of partying. I'm also writing a fanfic in my sparetime, but that is meh.

I (like 99% of everyone else here) watched Sword Art Online and was instantly hooked on the idea of an MMORPG that could replicate (to an extent) the world of SAO. I stumbled across this little project in June 2014 and have been hooked since.

When I was 13 years old I really really really wanted to play world of warcraft, but I never was able to because my family didn't have the money. I wanted to play it so badly that I even had a friend who played the game give me his gamers manual and read almost every page of it. Afterwards I started reading lots of lore for the actual world of Azeroth and there were two characters that stood out to me, Thrall and Vol'Jin. Eventually I got my own computer and downloaded the trial and since Thrall was a lot easier to twist than Vol'Jin I simply added the "Ka" and my username was born!

What's your favourite hobby?

It's gotta be a toss up between gaming, comic books, partying, and basketball.

What's your top 3 Anime?

1. Fate/Zero
    2. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
    3. Naruto

You've been the leader of a few guilds in AoA so far. Tell us their stories!

Well originally I joined the New World Knights way back in August 2014 and really reformed it. The leader was insanely inactive as well as every member, so I asked the leader if I could be second in command as to make roster changes, notifications, etc. in his absence. During the period of September 2014 - January 2015 the guild skyrocketed into a 70 member guild. Back when I was running it we had a council of sorts to help maintain such high numbers, but I was still left with a large majority of the work and eventually just wasn't really feeling running it anymore and resigned in March. After that I had a short stint with another guild, but that didn't last long. Then Treyhax and I began talking and we decided to make our own guild which we currently run, Ancraid's Elite.

Everybody make sure you do your part to help this project grow! Weather it's a donation, VIP purchase, clicking the website ads, or even just sharing this project with your friends. If you want to see this project come to life, make it come to life!

(Last interview is coming soon!)

Be sure to drop a like if you enjoyed the newsletter!

Cheers,
    Leo

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  2. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

In my opinion I think the original way of doing the interviews is more pleasant to read, since it's more of an actual interview. The other way seems like a very small biography lol.

Great job as usual, Leo.

Tir and Leo like this.
  3. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Cheers Kathrall!

4. RobinHoodPT

RobinHoodPT Community Manager Staff Member Teal VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

More news = better!
    Gj Leo!

Leo likes this.
  5. Aceials

Aceials Black VIP Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Ah, all the hype in this newsletter! :D Nice job Shiroe!

Leo likes this.
  6. emelor

emelor Seasoned Adventurer

good good good *waiting for 10/01/2015* : d

7. Leo

thank you both!

RobinHoodPT likes this.
  8. SchwärzerRegen

SchwärzerRegen Seasoned Adventurer

My my, these newsletters are getting better and better. Anyway hyped for 10/01/2015!!! I await your very next newsletter with big excitement. (Just gotta love to talk with such fancy English :p ) BTW is there any way of changing my name? Never found a way to correct it :/

9. betaSAV

betaSAV Teal VIP Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

@Leo , when will be selected the 50 people to help ?

HYPEEE

10. Azrall

Azrall Light Purple VIP Light Purple VIP Adventurer

Great newsletter! =D

11. Leo

Soon, we are still waiting for more people to answer the survey!
    Thank you @Azrall!

12. Kathrall

Kathrall YGO 2015 1st Place Red VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

When's my interview getting posted?

13. Leo

Soon enough Kathrall, soon enough!

14. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Staff Member Teal VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

#october1st2015 the hype is real! Thanks for the newsletter, Leo!

15. Leo

You are very welcome!

Zerith and Zeke like this.
  16. Kathrall

the dank interview has arrived

betaSAV likes this.
  17. Leo

Yes it has!

18. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

What gamers manual is this :eek:

19. Kathrall

The original one that came with vanilla wow, back when you had to actually buy the physical copy lol

20. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.