[Official] 31st AoA Newsletter: 11/10/2015

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Leo, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

AoA Newsletter
    Be sure to drop a like if you enjoyed the newsletter!

Development News

Closed alpha testing is starting
    &
    Twitch stream!

"Hey Aincraders,
    We're delighted to announce that today marks the official start of our alpha testing!
    If you have an alpha key registered in our database, you should be getting an e-mail some time in the next few days.
    ot everyone has an alpha key and can be an alpha tester right now, but we are planning on almost DOUBLING the amount of alpha testers we currently have throughout the next two months, so stay tuned!"

Resuming:
    Closed alpha is starting;
    the amount of alpha testers will double ;
    we'll host the first official alpha testing stream on early November.(postponed from 15th October)
    Don't miss it!

Newsletter Screenshot #3:
    [​IMG]

Special News:

The "scrublord" 's VIP giveaway
    @Lotus is doing another giveaway, but this time, along with the AoA team!
    He is giving away :
    3x £7.5 VIP's
    2x £15 VIP's
    The winners will be announced on the AoA Alpha Testing Stream, on early november.
    Be sure to watch the twitch stream and sign up for the giveaway by clicking the title!

Events:

AoA Ask-me-Anything Session!
    On the 4th of this month, the Age oof Aincrad team hosted a AmA Session on the swordartonline subreddit!
    Your questions can be answered here so, check it by clicking the title!

Movie Nights: Poll vote!
    You can now vote for the movie we'll watch on our 3rd Movie Night!
    IThe date should be set on the next week!
    Here are the candidates:
    Pulp Fiction
    Death Note Live Action Movie
    Horns
    Jurassic World
    Click the title to vote!

Website News:

Guild's Competitions
    AoA Will have a Guild Rating!
    The most competitions you participate, the more points you get.
    The points you get will depends on your classification on the competition.
    Expect the next tournament to be a guild tournament!
    The System should be up next week!

New VIP Insiders Program
    VIP Members will now have access to exclusive content from AoA!
    The new "Insiders Program" will be up and running next week!

Biweekly Newsletter fan-fic
    New section on the Newsletter!
    Write your fan-fic and post them on the forums, and they might get chosen and be posted here!
    This newsletter's fan-fic is:

[Oneshot] The Terafuwa Stories - A New Day

I don't even need to say who wrote this once again but anyway:
    This is a new story by @Terallian , who wrote the legendary Terafuwa Stories.
    You don't even need to know anything else about it. If Terallian wrote it, it is a must read.

Worthy Thread Mention
    This is a new Newsletter section where i'll mention a "worth taking a look" thread.

This Newsletter's thread is:

AoA Selfie Thread
    You guys know what to do.

Community Member of the Week:
    @Guerrak ,

@Joshuwa ,

&

@Cormac

Guerrak 's interview:

Who are you? Tell us a bit about you!
    My name's Diego, I am 15 years old (Born on Nov. 4th, 1999) and currently reside in Chile, I am into gaming, lazying around and sleeping, I am defined best by the word failure :v. (I just wanna be loved :c)

How and when did you Join AoA?
    I joined AoA back in February 2015, this happened due to me finishing SAO and googling the episodes, it just popped me with these forums, I hung out for a while for mere curiousness, but now I stay for the cool community :).

What is the origin of your username?
    It's a rearrangement of the letters present in my full name, this came to be when I was really young and simply needed a username to join Club Penguin or some bs like that kek.

What's your top 3 Anime?
    1st: Charlotte
    2nd: FMA:B
    3rd: Shokugeki no Soma
    Worthy mentions: Prison School, Overlord, Kokoro Connect, NGNL, Dungeon ni Deai, Kekkai Sensen, Akame ga Kill, Death Parade, etc.

What's your favourite hobby?
    Well, there's a lot of stuff I particularly like doing, such as: being in my PC, sleeping, chopping wood, listening to music (Glitch Hop :doki:). Lately I've been going to a lot of debates and whatnot, so I guess that'd be a hobby.

Is there anything else you want to say?
    If you're ever in need for someone to talk to, you can find me @dvguerrak, which is my Skype! c:
    Be gentle s-s-senpai °3°

Joshuwa's interview:

- My name is Josh Lee, I'm Japanese, Native American, and Inuit, I enjoy video games, I'm High Functioning ADHD.

- Searched "SAO Based Games" on Google and found this project, and I just had to be apart of it, so as of Aug 5, 2015 I told myself i would do everything I can to support this game.

Well.. my name is Josh... and I have quite a bit of pride in being part Japanese. "wa" is used in there language so I thought I'd use that, making "Josh-u-Wa"

What are your plans for the future?
    I'm currently learning to play the guitar, so when i get skilled enough id like to learn a new instrument. And expand my horizons, maybe do some traveling.

Why and how did you start your youtube channel?
    I wish to support this game as much as I can, people tell me i have a good voice for narration, tho sometimes I can get a bit hyper. I figure as the channel grows, doors may open as well, that I can use to push the game forward, and the community as a whole as well. when the game is complete, ill most likely find a new game to support, or make gameplays of this game, or both? nothing is set in stone, EVER.

Building gaming rigs, making videos, watching anime, playing the guitar, writing lyrics, listening to music, i enjoy a lot of things, I could go on for a while so ill just say theirs a lot.

I hope to see this community grow as well as supporters!

Cormac's interview:

Salutations. I'm Cormac. I'm 15 years old (turning 16 in February) and have almost no hobbies other than wasting time on a computer all day every day. I play a lot of League of Legends and CS:GO, and am always looking for things to try out.

I'd say it was about a year ago that I originally heard about the project, but I only made an account last February. From what I recall I was looking for an MMO with a perma death system and stumbled across this.

After going through many usernames from 2008 - Now, I decided i'd just stick with my real name as a username for simplicity.

What's your top 3 Anime?
    1) Death Note
    2) Code Geass
    3) Steins;gate or Attack on Titan
    (ew look at my mainstream picks)

My favourite hobby would probably be chess or League of Legends, I enjoy both of them and have a great time trying to improve!

Go read Kodomo No Jikan the manga, 10/10. Shoutout to my boy Klodian.

Renegade for life?

Be sure to drop a like if you enjoyed the newsletter!

Cheers,
    Leo

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Lotus

Lotus Super Donator Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Grey VIP Teal VIP Red VIP Rainbow VIP Purple VIP Pink VIP Light Purple VIP Green VIP Brown VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Blue VIP Cyan VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer SUPER DONATOR Maroon VIP

Bout time. Kappa. But glad it's out. Nice work, Leo!

Leo likes this.
  3. Guerrak

Guerrak Light Purple VIP Light Purple VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

yeeeee

Leo likes this.
  4. Aceials

Aceials Black VIP Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Great newsletter as always, Shiroe! :D

5. 舞圭琉

舞圭琉

nicesu what was that beetle screenshot for?

TanPogranicza likes this.
  6. RobinHoodPT

RobinHoodPT Community Manager Staff Member Teal VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Good work Leo! ( for the ama, I made a thread with all questions that were answered, maybe interested in linking to it?)

Leo likes this.
  7. Terallian

Terallian Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Awh, made my day. :doki:

Leo and TanPogranicza like this.
  8. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Thanks!
    It is the newsletter screenshot, as stated above it! every newsletter has a new AoA screenshot!
    Thanks! Link it here and i'll take a a look!

Glad it did ! :doki:

9. RobinHoodPT

RobinHoodPT Community Manager Staff Member Teal VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

10. flamedog

flamedog Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Will the stream be on cardinalcommunity@twitch(not a fan of the twitch embed...) or what ? (I remember they used to use an older one... sao)

11. RobinHoodPT

It should be on their twitch channel yes. Also, the twitch chat + player recently got updated to new and faster version.

12. flamedog

flamedog Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

It's still a flash player just now with a fancy html player :3 I will be watching still :p But I will be using Livestreamer ;D (go twitch in VLC :p !)

I will say I like that the chat no longer uses flash but pure html5..(go mobile chatting on a device that their app doesn't support!) I still use IRC but different story :p

will watch on the community channel then :p!

RobinHoodPT likes this.
  13. TzZek

TzZek Adventurer Adventurer

Thanks for the update, I hope to see more of these as time goes on, seem's like were often in the dark.

14. Lotus

Lotus Super Donator Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Grey VIP Teal VIP Red VIP Rainbow VIP Purple VIP Pink VIP Light Purple VIP Green VIP Brown VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Blue VIP Cyan VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer SUPER DONATOR Maroon VIP

Just to inform everyone, the stream will be delayed and not be on October 15th. This was confirmed by Mystik.

15. betaSAV

betaSAV Teal VIP Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

When will be, then ? :eek:

16. Lotus

Most likely November or something around those lines. There will most likely be an announcement soon.

17. betaSAV

betaSAV Teal VIP Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

Oh, thanks !!! :)
    I hope that the project don't have any problem--------Sorry for my bad english :/

18. TzZek

Why has the stream been delayed? Why was the demo removed from the site?

19. Leo

There will be an announcement soon, it will be postponed to early november.

RobinHoodPT likes this.
  20. TzZek

Sorry for being so sketchy but when the demo first came out and there were detections on virustotal and the demo didn't have a lot to it, then the stream being delayed and the file's being gone.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.