Personal homes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tohuki, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Tohuki

Tohuki

I know it sounds weird. But will every personal some be buyable only if nobody owns it? There could be many houses, some smaller in villages, some in bigger cities that look like flats, some in forests, but every home will have only one owner. What do you guys think about it? Would it be cool?

Ares likes this.
  2. Kang

Kang Green VIP Green VIP

I mean; the issue with non-instanced homes is that it requires a huge amount of property; or pretty agressive eviction rules regarding recurring rent payments, otherwise, the first people to own houses will have them forever, or if there's the ability to trade and/or sell real-estate; only the richest players will be able to own property. I mean; I get why you want it, and I would too, but realistically, a lot of MMOs have to ditch cool features in favour of what works.

3. Ares

Ares Purple VIP Purple VIP Black VIP Seasoned Adventurer Adventurer

I like your idea Tohuki, I feel that it would be nice to rent or purchase a place within the larger cities for meetings with people within guilds.

Revan3917 and Tohuki like this.
  4. Byrat

Byrat Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Maroon VIP

kang is right...i also dont like the aspect of "first come first serve"....but aigan it would be awesome to have a house just for your self and i personally want to see this implemented so i would like to suggest a compromise which will probably work because a have seen this in an other mmorpg called "dragons prophet".
    so what we would need is a huge flor (or mutiple huge flors) just for housing, where players can buy properties of different sizes etc...on these proterties players can basicly do what ever they want...it can be used as a normal house, as a shop, as a garden etc.
    these housing flors can also have pvp arenas like in bdo... or different minigame places like chess etc.
    it should be a place were players can just spend sometime and do what they want besides trying to beat the game.

of course there also will be a the problem of these properties getting sould out....but compered to normal flors these housing properties should be eazier to recreate ...u wouldnt have to worry about npcs, mobs, quests, designing a whole new city

the only thing which would have to be done is building a nice environement with a good infrastructure and chosing where to put properties...the city it self will be build by the players

5. Kang

Kang Green VIP Green VIP

Hmm. You've got a point; an instanced housing area would be a good compromise, and it's something that other MMO's do successfully. You wouldn't really get the issue of properties running out, either, as you can simply just add a new empty floor dedicated to housing at any time, as a duplicate of the original.

Revan3917 likes this.