phantasy star like setting

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Slaghton, May 20, 2017.

1. Slaghton

Slaghton 3D Modeller Staff Member

I'm converting my vr learning project into a phantasy star like game. This is just a starter mission level im making for an alpha demo. Figure I should I get something out of all the experience and scripts i've wrote up in the past :p. pso_vr_demo2.jpg
    I would love to have a lot of grass and vegetation but in VR you can't really have much of that before it starts lagging. The tree's are already pushing it close to the limits.

(Edit: Though, if i get rid of the speed tree's, i found a trick that lets me batch the normal unity tree's which you can see that has darker leaves. I believe i was able to have 500 on screen in vr without lag doing that trick.)

Black Abyss and RobinHoodPT like this.
  2. Assassin

Assassin Denian's Servant | Part time stalker Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Seasoned Adventurer

Good job my :Doge: friend

3. luigiFTW

luigiFTW Blue VIP Blue VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I think it's your computer that caused the lag

4. Slaghton

Slaghton 3D Modeller Staff Member

Environment.jpg

Just a quick update on how the environment appears atm. Im looking at replacing the performance hogging speed tree's with something else so i can get some grass and plants in.

Just for info, I can have about 200+ unity trees on screen with shadows in VR but a fraction of those as speed tree's and the lag commences.