Seasons?

Discussion in 'Questions-Queries' started by Shnolok, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Shnolok

Shnolok

So, I've read that after a group clears the first floor everyone can proceed to the 2nd one without fighting the boss. After 2 or 3 years every new player would be able to go everywhere after reaching a certain level and thus, making that unique aspect of the game dissapear and transform it into a more common MMO.
    So if this isnt already answered somewhere, I would like to suggest having seasons that would change every year or so, reseting the cleared floors and the players level and decrease their stats(rebirth) BUT giving the higher leveled players an XP boost or something and making a system which holds your OP stuff from boss raids, events etc. or your +5 weapons, from where you can unlock and get them back by doing something like reaching a certain level, getting it guaranteed with the same stats it had or better by killing the boss that dropped it etc.
    The players stats will be increased when they reach the level they were on the previous season too, ex. 2000 strength on season 1, level 60, and 2200 on season 2, same level.

-You do not lose your equipment or any side mission progress. Your equipment is protected by the system mentioned above and you'll get your equipment back by doing certain tasks or reaching the required level.

Please dont give me a lot of hate.... xD Thanks

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

I relayed your question to those who can answer it better. Personally, I'd question what would happen to existing players' equipment - in any sufficiently complex MMORPG, people can get shirty about lost equipment... I certainly do. Especially when I spend weeks or months upgrading something.

3. Shnolok

Shnolok

I also mentioned that. That's the system that keeps your equipment. You dont lose your rare and hard to get equipment, they are just staying there in that system waiting for you to reach the required level as you did on the season 1 or complete a task, and you can just grab it from there with the stats it had, or even better! (mentioned it above)

4. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Oh. My bad, I skimmed and missed the equipment part.

5. Shnolok

Shnolok

No problem ;)

6. SilverMagix

SilverMagix

Then how about allowing people to store their "precious" things in a special storage before the end of the season. Seems like a better solution to me. Also, at the start of the season I think veteran players should get some kind of item or emblem that they've cleared the game before (kind of like CoD prestiges. Not really, but the best I can think of right now). Then they should be able to use the special items outside of dungeons (in normal fields and other zones which are not part of actual dungeons). Would require a lot of effort to actually work, but it could be a good idea

7. Shnolok

Shnolok

And what if you couldnt login the last day before the season ends and you have all your equipment on your inventory?

8. SilverMagix

SilverMagix

Maybe give it a week before the end of the season to place everything in your storage, or give it another week and disable the items in dungeons

9. Denian

Nah. You'd still lose everything if you had to spend week in hospital, or went on vacation. Players get shirty if they lose equips, so no forcing them to log in to keep their stuff.

10. Shnolok

Shnolok

Exactly, so the system I mentioned is more balanced I think.