so... firstperson?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Azeck, Sep 20, 2016.

?

would first person make the game better???

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. maybe

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. no

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. Azeck

Azeck

there aren't alot or maybe even no MMORPG's that focus on swordsplay and mage fight kinda stuff that offer a properly made first person, not talking about the crappy zoom in option, a literal first person feature such as in skyrim.
    wouldn't this be a great feature for this game since the direction of this game is "different from the others"??

2. Awwh-

Awwh- Adventurer Adventurer

I can see the pros to this and it would make it even more diverse than it is to other mmos. However I can't help but see the cons in having a full first person mode in an mmo such as AoA. The main flaw I see is that in a game where death can have a huge penalty, not being able to see behind you when others can seems like a big disadvantage in my opinion. I'm sure steps could be done to counteract this but that is my main concern.

DraynaRue and Azeck like this.
  3. Judah

Judah Game Designer Rainbow VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

As an option, first-person works perfectly. Works just fine in all the Elder Scrolls games, including the MMO. Anyone who wants the advantage of being able to see behind them can use 3rd person mode, and anyone who prefers immersion and questing, etc. can use first-person mode.

Azeck likes this.
  4. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Black VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

But this makes assassination possible which is also something cool

DraynaRue and Awwh- like this.
  5. DraynaRue

DraynaRue Christmas VIP Christmas VIP Rainbow VIP Pink VIP Seasoned Adventurer

^this. I like this thinking ;)

6. Oryolin

Oryolin Adventurer Adventurer

Mortal Online is entirely first person and has a similar crime system to SAO, and it's an awesome game. I reckon the inability to see behind you means the player would just have to develop a higher skill, and/or learn to use sense of sound.
    In reality, we don't have eyes on the backs of our heads. If we want the full experience, I feel like making the game 1st person is the only option.

Kyokei. and PhantomFury like this.
  7. Kyokei.

Kyokei. Adventurer Adventurer

I think having the option of being able to switch between 3rd and 1st person would be good so someone that wants a more challenging experience could go 1st person all the way through, however others that maybe just don't like 1st person could go into 3rd person so they can actually have fun.

But as Oryolin said, we don't have eyes in the back of our heads. Plus making it 1st person makes it to where it's more like SAO.

8. Revan3917

Revan3917 Seasoned Adventurer

I always prefer 1st person in almost every game I play the one exception to the rule is Warframe which would be unplayable in a 1st person format.
    in the case of AoA I think it would be like playing Skyrim in 1st person your more likely to get a sword through your backside than if you were in 3rd

Although if the sound mapping is good and you are attentive listening for footsteps might be a alternative

9. Chaz

Chaz Seasoned Adventurer

I voted yes to the poll.

I doubt it would be forced though. Do not expect that. I hope it gets implemented though.

10. Skelemiere

Skelemiere Adventurer Adventurer

Rather than only using first person mode, I prefer the idea of having the option to play third person and first person both. Regarding combat usage, people have their preferences. If anything, first person could at least be used for screen-shooting or exploring purposes.

11. Fatalphen

Fatalphen

I would go with FPS. Only reason is cause of Mortal Online. If you guys play this game you will see its a 100% skill based game and is going to be a great game in the long term. But this is more of an MMORPG basic style game with huge MMO aspect with sandbox skilling(like how ESO should have been ). So if the game was in a Third Person their wouldnt be very many skills that are in your face and hard. From playing both 3rd and first person. I and lots of people like to be immersive with the games and if this game is VR capable, Then I would rather see through eyes not over a persons shoulder. But saying that, i've been into lots of third person games ( Army of 2, gears of war. ) Where sitting behind a wall waiting for people who can't see you becomes a thing. And that isn't fun when lets say, your in a safe zone and someone is camping right outside of the safe zone behind a tree waiting for you. ( only can be done in third person ) So when people wanna kill in first person they hide around corners and keep an eye out by going back and forth checking sides. Witch makes for skill to kill someone not just a waiting game anymore. So i hope you guys go with first person so we can be more immersive with the game and play VR the way it was meant to be. Hope some of my options help the process of the game ideas.

12. Suiledrad

Suiledrad Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

The choice that is made, will not affect to a large extent the jugabildad, is just a matter of getting used to. Do not be afraid and look back, if your mother-in-law back, report to the staff "this last was a joke" xD.

Revan3917 likes this.