Suggest an in-game skill!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Draulon, May 30, 2015.

1. SuRZeX

SuRZeX

please a teleport that goes with a good balanced cooldown and check points you can teleport to without the skill if possible and thanks thats for now

2. SchwärzerRegen

SchwärzerRegen Seasoned Adventurer

What d you mean with this? The teleport between floors, and teleportation stones like in SAO? As far as I know those options will be available anyway.

3. OverlordMMM

OverlordMMM Adventurer Adventurer

After going through this thread and seeing all the duplicate skills people mention, here's some concepts for new skills/professions I can come up with. I'll be posting plenty more, but expect my ideas to be fleshed out and well-developed. If you have any questions/ comments, I'll respond asap.

Agriculture (Farming): This may seem obvious, but farming animals/ plants can be rewarding if you have to be in the right locations and in the right seasons to actually do it. This means that certain items will only be available seasonally in certain regions. Anyone could attempt to farm through trial and error, but those who upgrade this skill would have alerts on plants/ animals they are familiar with in order to maximize their production, as well as know what can and can't be raised in the area.

Agriculture (Knowledge): Growing plants/ raising animals is one thing, but knowing where they live/ when they ripen is another. People who upgrade this skill will be able to open up in-game encyclopedias on any animals/ plants they come in contact with giving vital information. This could be useful information to anyone who wants to create potions, poisons, crafting, etc. That being said, you could also mislead players with this information as well since only you'd have the access, so even corrupt players could make use of this and play the market. Upgrading this skill would eventually grant knowledge on items in regions you've never visited.

Agriculture (Crafting): Sure you can farm using normal gear from NPCs, but sometimes these aren't good enough. Making your own tools would help your profession, and could also be useful to other players who choose not to level up this seemingly useless skill. But there's a lot more to it. There are the obvious uses of creating farming equipment with better durability/ speeds, but upgrading this skill could potentially do a lot more than that. Upgrading the skill could allow adding specific plant/animal items to mundane tool crafting add special benefits to them. Imagine a hoe that, when used, increases the fertility of soil by up to 50% growing crops that much faster. Imagine equipping a shovel that can reveal hidden areas and treasures to unearth. These would be more extreme versions of tools, but there are a number of different effects that could be added to crafting any mundane tools. You would just need to have the knowledge of the items in order to properly make the tools.

Coward's Way: This is a passive skill that is better oriented to tradesfolk/ high-priority characters who avoid conflict and hire mercenaries to protect them. Basically, this skill increases level gain in parties only when not actively attacking enemies. This is mainly useful at lower levels, but can be essential for individuals who are under-leveled in groups that are heading to higher-level areas due to need of their unique skillsets.

Skill Share: This is a special skill that needs to be toggles on in order to use. Whenever a player with this skill engages in non-combat skills alongside another player, whoever has the lower skill value gets an level boost for that skill. This means that someone can specialize in "teaching" these non-combat skills in exchange for currency, or simply use the skill for their own personal benefit.

Avatar Stylist: Normally when an avatar is created, they cannot be altered outside of equipping items, but leveling up this skill would allow one to alter an avatars' appearance. This can be something as simple as changing hair color with dye to creating elaborate hair pieces inaccessible to the base avatar creation system. That being said, this doesn't only have to affect hair, but anything on the avatar's currently visible person. Higher level stylists, for instance, could add visual designs to whatever clothing, armor, and weapons the player might have currently equipped. For this kind of skill, more detailed implementation would need to be discussed, but I believe it to be completely doable.

4. Azeck

Azeck

how about.... strength?
    like, you can wield a sword and swing it but, the more STR you have the faster you can swing it and block stronger attacks?
    ofcourse naturally a dual wielding skill so it's not just a classical one handed shield style play and if you play without shield you lose 50% of everything and can't block anymore, basically sacrificing defensive power to gain offensive power, and still be able to block, which can be upgraded with a "blocking" skill as expected, not sure if it's in the guidelines you mentioned.
    but perhaps a skill that increases your hearing range? like you can hear from just 10 meters away, but when u upgrade the hearing skill you can her up to 100 meters away or something.
    what I also had in mind was something that allows you to detect enemy information like, what sword it's wielding, how fast the opponent is etc.

5. Caesar

Caesar Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Strength isn't a skill it's a stat

6. blackdylan

blackdylan

Or maybe like the tracking skill Kirito used to find Sachi. By footprints. And the higher leveled the skill is the better you can see it and the longer they are visible.

7. Acrux

Acrux

In my opinion I think it will be cool to have a stealthy skill to silence foot steps and maybe to pick pocket from certain npc's

8. blackdylan

blackdylan

Thievery was mentioned in the podcast I think but I don't remember what was said. What use would it have to silence someone's footsteps?

9. Acrux

Acrux

Ok thanks bro and silence foot steps to be cool xD

10. Anon

Anon Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

In case you want to watch the podcast

Judah and Acrux like this.
  11. Revan3917

Revan3917 Seasoned Adventurer

What about a skill that lets you physically alter the appearance of items you own say by engraving so you could for example carve your name into a sword or armour

12. blackdylan

blackdylan

Or maybe carving the people you've imprisoned into your shield, for bounty hunters. Saying "I've protected this world from this people"
    Sounds good to me.

13. Revan3917

Yeah being able to carve/engrave anything into swords armour weapons maybe so thread patterns in clothing

blackdylan likes this.
  14. Aurelius

Aurelius Adventurer Adventurer

I know I seem rather new, but I believe a skill such as detailing could be unlocked with sufficient time in the creation of items. Little things that change the appearence of a weapon could make a huge difference on profits and sales, as seen in the current days market of overly expensive phones and such. Although this skill isn't particularly useful in most circumstances, it could make for some nice flair for those who are experienced or, similar to myself, dedicated towards making yourself to look unique among a sea of players.

15. Revan3917

Good idea would make the skill more unique

16. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper

Add poisioning cooking, blacksmithing, trading, listening, aswell as bartering just re-watch SAO and add skills similar.

17. Bagggins

Bagggins Adventurer Adventurer

it would be really awesome, if there were some sort of summoning skill, like a mastery of meditation, were instead of gaining experience, u can (from long studies about the AoA lore) learn about the true nature of materials and itens, and use them with more accuracy, or even learning to summon buffs and debuffs on players and creatures (like alteration on Skyrim) and even matching with other creation skills on AoA
    I'ts a long shot, but imagine, a player that is not focused on battle, could fit in any roles he like with this sort of skill, as healer (buffing and debuffing), tank (learning to use the best of armors, shields, and potions), dps (as a master of weapons usage).
    Of course, all this "better use of stuff" would only come with great efforts and long time study on the game lore, otherwise, crafters and gatterrers would fight as better as frontliners and other

18. Revan3917

I think that falls into the sphere of "Magic" and not in the theme for AoA
    I'm not saying it is not a good idea and I partially support what you have suggested but I just don't think that it will work in the game in it current thematic state

19. Bagggins

Bagggins Adventurer Adventurer

yeah, you're right, but i was thinking of something like a reward, for the ones who really play the game thru the lore

Revan3917 likes this.
  20. MirageKing

MirageKing Christmas VIP Halloween VIP Grey VIP Rainbow VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer Alpha Key Holder

I'm still trying to get a toxicologist skill to make and use weapon coatings. things like basic poisons, neurotoxin/paralysis poisons, anticoagulants to reduce healing and things like that. I think it would be an interesting addition that when skilled into could be powerful, but almost worthless without investing the time to upgrade the skill.

Revan3917 likes this.