Sword Etiquette

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nizza, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Nizza

Nizza Green VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

[Peace Mode]

I suggest that there should be an option that allows you to put your sword on the right side. While in doing this, you cannot attack. This is to show someone that you do not have an intent to slash him/her. While in this mode, it should take five seconds to be able switch back to attack mode. There should be a visible icon or loading thingy near the player while he/she doing switching.

2. Matvyn

Matvyn Forum Mod Staff Member Christmas VIP Warlord Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Then being lefthanded this could be a great trick to make a surprise attack :^)
    (so option for being left handed should be ingame aswell :Kappa: )

3. Storm

Storm Seasoned Adventurer

As an ambidextrous person, I agree with Mat

4. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Why not go with the usual PK modes? Peaceful (attacks don't affect players), Guild/Party (attacks only affect players not in your guild/party), normal (attacks only affect PKers), ...

5. Suiledrad

Suiledrad Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Since games are never created with lefties in mind, your answer does make sense, xD.

That action is something similar to keeping the weapon, of course, it would not be wrong to have a second action, which serves as a symbol of "they are of peace, or not aggression".

To be a little more realistic, although of course, to put an action more to the game, involves more extra work, if it were simple, it will not involve much time, apart from other factors. I suppose it would be acceptable, the idea is not "absurd", but if it is something outside the plans already marked by the staff. My question is whether in the years that just left the forum, this same idea would have been taken into account ?, or would the same answer ?.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017