Gaming The Mighty Menemy's Kancolle registration guide (WIP)

Discussion in 'Gaming/Anime/Manga Discussions' started by Menemy, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Menemy

Menemy Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Ohaidere future admiral, do you have a moment to speak about our lord and savior RNG-sama?

What is this thread all about? It's my possibly futile attempt at getting more Kantai Collection players in these forum and spreading the love of moe ship personifications.

What's Kantai Collection? To put it simply it's a game about moe girls throwing giant pieces of lead at each other while you watch from a safe distance.
    Wikipedia:
    "Kantai Collection(艦隊これくしょん Kantai Korekushon?, lit. "Combined Fleet Collection"), abbreviated as KanColle(艦これ KanKore?), is a Japanese free-to-play online card game developed by Kadokawa Games."

Kantai collection is a browser game about shipgirls (or kanmusu for the weaboos outhere) that battle against the abyssal fleet (if you are confused it's kinda similar to Arpeggio of blue steel).

There are 2 problems with this game:
    1-It's in Japanese (which can be slightly fixed with non-official tools and getting used to the interface)
    2-It's a pain in the ass to register because it's a "Japan only game" meaning you will have to do some magic in which i will have to help you but don't be scared it just takes some patience.
    If you still feel like trying this game out then continue (Many people stop at this moment @Eskwyre being a fine example)

Enough of the text wall let's see some pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now to registering
    What you will need to register and then play:

A DMM account
    A VPN client (It's safe don't worry)
    English tool for the everyday use (It will provide a useful english interface outside the game) (KCV)
    [​IMG]

(From now on i'll be stealing pics and entire threads from time to time from a friendly forum and the wiki wchich i will link at the end of the thread)

First step, Making the DMM account

"Before you can play Kancolle, you need to register an account on the DMM site. Inside the spoilers are step by step instructions on how to register, with pictures included in each step.

[​IMG]
    "1. When you click on the link above, you should see this page. Fill in your email and password and click on the orange button to proceed. NOTE: USE A REGULAR EMAIL AND NOT THOSE THAT EXPIRE AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME. This is extremely important, since DMM will sometimes ask you to reset your account password through email (especially if you're logging in from different countries a.k.a. proxy servers)."

[​IMG]

"2. After you fill out the form, you should see this page. An activation email has been sent to your inbox and will expire after an hour (you'll need to start from step 1 again if this happens), so visit your inbox next."

[​IMG]

"3. Next, look for an email that looks like this. If you can't find it in your inbox, it may be in your spam folder. Open the email."

[​IMG]

"4. You should see something like this. Click on that link, or copy/paste it to your URL box if your email provider/browser does not recognize the link."

[​IMG]

"5. Once you see this page, your registration has been completed and you can now login to your DMM account."

Second step winning the lottery (that sounds likes a stupid and retarded step, i know)

You have 2 options now, the easy an lazy way or the hard way.

To put it simply you can have someone win the lottery for you and you can do it yourself.
    Because KC lotteries are done around 7-9 pm JST it was rather impossible for me to win the lotteries by myself because that means 4-7 am times in my timezone.

BUT FEAR NOT THERE IS A SOLUTION, yes there is such kind people who would win the lottery for you in the same place where i'm stealing things to make this thread.
    Make an account in this forum

http://www.himeuta.net/f5-kancolle-discussion/27-registration-help-thread.html
    Read this and ask for help, be nice and don't be shy they are good people.
    When i first started playing the game i asked Enterprise and everything went smoothly.

Let's be honest nobody wants to win the lottery himself but if you are a hard working man you will have to read this
    And this (You need to stalk the Kancolle Twitter for the time of the lottery (all times are in JST))
    PART II. Preparation

Stuff to do before you begin:
    • Connect to a Japan VPN (You can find a free VPN client here.)
    • Change your operating system time to JST (you do not need to change your BIOS time) (This is VERY, VERYimportant.)
    • Clear cache

How to connect to a Japan VPN (Windows OS users):

The instructions below is intended for Windows OS users since the executable (.exe) can only be run on Windows based systems. If you're using another OS (e.g. Linux/Mac/iOS/Android), you can check out how to use the L2TP protocol to connect here.

[​IMG]

1. After you have downloaded and installed the VPN client program, double click on it and wait for it to open. You should see an interface like this. Double click on "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers".

[​IMG]

2. You should see a list of servers. Choose a VPN that is in the region "Japan" (click on the one desired), then click on the "Connect to the VPN Server" button. Wait for it to connect and you're ready to go!

3. If the VPN is very slow or refuses to connect, scroll down the list and try other Japan VPNs.

PART III. Participating in the Lottery

[​IMG]

When you open the game's site, you will know you have entered the lottery when you see this picture above. Refresh after 3~5 minutes has passed (although the numbers still say 5, the recent dev tweets say it's ok do so every 3~5 minutes). NEVER REFRESH EARLY. The system will lower the chances of you getting in if you refresh early, so it's probably a better idea to refresh late (usually 3.5 minutes or 4 minutes). Each time you refresh the system pits you against other people and decides if you get a slot.

[​IMG]

If you see this picture when you visit the game's site, then you need to click on that big red button and login first. Then you'll see the cat girl picture.

[​IMG]

When the system decides to select you, you should see a page with a list of the server names. (see picture above). There should be at least one server that is not full (the server name should be white instead of gray and the 満 kanji shouldn't be there) and will allow you to click on it. In this case, there are two servers with available slots. If they're all full and doesn't respond to you when you click on them, then...well...better luck next time. Here's a screenshot when all the servers are full (the lotteries have ended if you see this screen):

[​IMG]

Tips:
    • Enter the lottery early. They say "the early bird gets the worm", and there has been quite a few reports on getting selected by the system even though the lottery hasn't started yet. Usually 10 minutes before the lottery's official start time is good enough.
    • Lotteries are usually held on non-holiday weekdays that does not have a scheduled update and on Saturdays. (usually no lotteries on Sundays, update days, and national holidays)
    • Start Times: On weekdays, between 16:00 to 20:00 JST. On weekends, as early as 13:00 JST.
    • If you REALLY, REALLY can not participate in the lottery, then you can seek help here or via #HelpMeEnterprise(check the daily lottery threads for more info on this).

I wish you the best of luck on the lottery!

I'm not being lazy and not explaining i just didn't experience the lottery myself.

2. Menemy

Menemy Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Went past max characters

Now the fun part, you successfully joined a server and don't know wtf to do
    (obviously to play the game use the VPN and load the game )

Before you play let clear something out, you don't have to always use the vpn and open the game (this is boring and tedious)
    What you will need to do is once a month or after an update use the vpn and open the game.
    After that you will need to get an api link.
    In chrome use F12 and inspect the element and search for a link that says "api_token" copy that link and use it in KCV (Kantai Collection Viewer) DON'T SHARE THIS LINK SINCE IT DIRECTLY CONNECTS TO YOUR ACCOUNT
    The very first thing the game will ask you to enter your name. After that you have to select your initial ship girl. Click the arrows to either side of the button at the bottom to see your five options.

次 = Next

前 = Previous

決定 = Decide

Don't overthink too much on the decision you will eventually have all of those 5 girls
    (Fubuki, Inazuma, Murakumo, Samidare and Sazanami)

After you choose your first ship you will find a Japanese interface which you will understand nothing (unless you know Japanese of course)

Main Menu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "This screen is where you'll be spending most of your time in Kantai Collection. The ship girl on the right is the flagship of your first fleet and will speak if you click on her, also referred as your secretary."

Fleet selection Menu (Organize)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is where you pick your ships for sorties and expeditions you can also view some basic stats of your ships (Second pic)

Supply or refuel station
    [​IMG]
    Pretty self explanatory, this is the place you resupply your ships after sorties and expeditions

Equipment station (refit)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This place is a little more complicated, apart from picking the weapons (includes seaplanes, radars etc) you can also "remodel" ships when they reach a certain level (changes from ship to ship) these remodels will increase the will give you stock equipment which can be quite valuable in some cases like surface radars (nothing random here they are preset equipments).
    As seen in the third pic you can use some of the spare ships you don't want to scrap their equipment and raise the stats of a ship you want (torpedo and armor in the pic)

Docking or repair station
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Your simple repair facility

Factory and arsenal
    [​IMG]
    Ship construction
    [​IMG]
    Ship scrapping
    [​IMG]
    Equipment construction
    [​IMG]
    Equipment scrapping
    [​IMG]
    Large Ship Construction (LSC)
    [​IMG]
    This is a very useful station which you will use a lot. This is the place where you can create ships and weapons and also the place where you dispose ships and weapons which you don't want and get some resources (i highly recommend not scrapping ships and instead using them for modernization, third pic in the equipment station). After a certain quest line and getting your HQ level a little higher you can unlock the LSC to get rarer ships using large amounts of resources.

WIP
    Disclaimer: I wrote this at 3 AM while slightly drunk after a birthday please forgive any typos and horrible english you might find, this is in need of proofreading.
    http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki
    http://www.himeuta.net/

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  3. flamedog

flamedog Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Good guide ~ I've played a little bit back when my sleep clock was messed up : 3 (12am = 12pm and 12pm = 12am).. >W<;; well having your own proxy is always nice X3 Lastly one of the screenshots reminded me of a image I cleaned and type set : 3 (It was one of my earlier works so be easy X3)... Now from time to time I find my self cleaning and type setting images from kancolle :p! I mean I have a folder for it X3 Well I'll stop rambling... Atleast I somewhat stayed on topic :3!
    [​IMG]

4. Eskwyre

Eskwyre Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

I'll have you know I got bored. Good guide though!