The question monter's thread.

Discussion in 'Questions-Queries' started by Tohuki, May 14, 2018.

1. Tohuki

Tohuki

The question monster is back.
    I will create this thread for my future questions, so i don't spam with every new question as a new thread

Now to the question:

Will having no shield benefit in something like agility increase etc?
    Let's say i have a 1H sword and a shield. I can guard better, but the shield would get in my way, etc. If i have only a 1H sword, then I can move faster. Will it work like that?

Black Abyss likes this.
  2. Black Abyss

Black Abyss Lead Designer Staff Member Administrator Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

It's more along the lines of having a shield changing your combat style.
    Each combat style comes with its own specific movement set and ability set, so depending on how you want to play it'll be a different experience with every weapon.
    A 1H sword is a different class with different specifications and skillsets (Duelist) than a class with shield and sword (Knight).

3. Tohuki

Tohuki

Another question :D
    Will the player select a class at the start, or will he just use the skillset of what is equipped?

4. Black Abyss

Black Abyss Lead Designer Staff Member Administrator Black VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Equipped, you can switch styles with the switch of a weapon.

Tohuki likes this.
  5. Tohuki

Tohuki

new question :D
    Will AoA be from first or third person view?
    If it is on wiki or FaQ i couldn't for the life of me find it.

6. Black Abyss

Probably a mix of both but mainly 3rd person for now. You'll be able to zoom into first person view though.

7. Tohuki

Tohuki

At least the ability to do so, cause i would probably play it only in 1st person. And a few of my friends too. Thanks for answering!

8. Tohuki

Tohuki

More questions incoming! (and i even forgot some of them already)

1.) At what part of development do you play to release Alpha and Beta (for instance "around 3 floors finished" or something like that would be sufficient)?

2.) Will you promote the game by the time it gets released/gets into early access? Just so we get at least some players to play with (since there isn't that extremely many people waiting for the release (i could count as 100 of those waiting people, with my extreme hype))

I will post those remaining questions when i remember them.

9. Black Abyss

1. Still undecided for alpha, preferably after at least 1 floor is done but we'll see. For Beta 3 floors minimum for now is the aim.
    2. We're going to make a big promo campaign sooner or later but for now we're focusing 100% on development only so we can show cool things.

10. Tohuki

Tohuki

Yeah, so pretty much as i thought. Thank you for your answer!

11. Tohuki

Tohuki

What do level designers work with? I've actually been wordering for a long time. Is it that they "only" place the models on the map to make it look good or? (i know it's a stupid question, but i've been wondering and i think that that there's much more to it)

12. Black Abyss

We work inside of a given game engine in a 3d space, common game engine examples are Unity and Unreal Engine. Check out the video to see more or less what it entails:
    We place the models and work on the layout, but it includes setting up shaders, materials, prefabs, fitting meshes together, if there are modular pieces of a set we set them together.
    Quite often you don't get a house for instance, you get a set of 15 pieces and have to puzzle different kinds of houses together out of that set of pieces, hence the name modular design.

PhantomFury likes this.
  13. Tohuki

Tohuki

This sounds extremely cool.
    Looks a lot like the editor in Unreal engine 4 (with which i have some experience). I am bad at making 3D models, but i'm quite good at using a low amount of models for a lot of diversity (if you know how what i mean).
    If i'm not mistaken you work with Unity 3D, right?
    I think you already told me sometime but i can't find it.

14. Black Abyss

Yep, currently Unity 2018.