Weapon Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raynyx, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Raynyx

Raynyx Adventurer Adventurer

Ive been reading around and havent found anything quite regarding the idea, and if its out their if someone could link it, it would be highly appreiciated.

Continuing to the idea/suggestion/question.
    I was wondering what everybody else would think of the thought of being able to hold certain weapons in multiple different ways in different scenarios such as,
    (Parentheses mean examples or further explanation)
    -Includes in combat as well as out of combat/relaxed positions
    • 1. being able to choose either to traditionally grip weapons (forward facing 1 handed swords, daggers, etc.) or being able to hold them in a backhanded fashion (or mixture of both).
    • 2. being able to choose the style in which your scabbards/holsters etc, are located or the way in which they are carried. (having a katana and either carrying the scabbard strapped to a belt or holding it in the off hand and using the sword 1 handed, or daggers being able to strap the sheath on either your back, leg, arm, etc.)
    Idea 1: I think it could give the game more depth in terms of personalization/customization as well as adding different fighting styles while still using the same weapon models and stats.
    Idea 2: Similar to Idea 1, it could give the game more depth by adding such a simple (yet very powerful) detail as well as following the idea of more player personalization/customization.

I would love to hear the communities thoughts on the idea or if it may even be possible.

Rickard, Morika and Zerith like this.
  2. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Staff Member Teal VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

I have suggested this before, but that's a while ago. Such feature would make a really great personalisation!

3. Morika

Morika Adventurer Adventurer

This is a suggestion I can fully get behind. Assuming 500+ people all use the same weapon and varying costumes which in all likelihood wont be more than 30-40 variations of the same outfits, if your not counting armour, it only allows for a preset number of "characters". This idea would certainly allow for more unique characters if the manner in which a character carries his/her weapons, and possibly, as you mentioned if this in turn could also affect the fighting style, it would give both a greater range of possibilities and stave off repeating patterns that occur in all MMORPGs dealing in close quarters combat. I'm no expert by any means but I would assume that this would prolong the amount of time one could play the game before the fighting styles began to seem repetitive in the least. This suggestion has my full endorsement!

-If anybody cares what my opinion on the matter is... lmao

Raynyx, Rickard and Zerith like this.
  4. Saizo

Saizo Adventurer Adventurer

I like the idea, I seen in one other game before but it was poorly designed as sometimes the swords, daggers, etc. would disappear. The concept is very good and I think it would be a very good feature.

Stratosfyr likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Love the idea, Caesars stamp of approval

6. Stratosfyr

Stratosfyr Veteran Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Hey Thanks for the suggestion and know it has been noted!

The benefit of this is obvious. The sick customization helps players create unique characters and accustom them more to how the player imagined them.

The hard part becomes animation. Although using an animation suit solves quite a bit in terms of realism and quality animations, the issue lays with refining. It's just n more animations we have to implement.

I'd like to see this idea come to life, but just note if it does it will likely be a little whiles away in development. We got to make sure the content promised on the wiki is implemented more than anything else~

:p

Raynyx likes this.