Programming Website Programming

Discussion in 'Share your own project' started by wanted, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

The Angular 2 tutorials are currently only available for TypeScript, otherwise I'd be using it at work. regarding databases, pick your poison - Or try lowdb, according to a coworker, it applies SQL to a JSON-file...

Gesendet von meinem thl T100S mit Tapatalk

Nikiro likes this.
  2. Nikiro

Nikiro

Soon I will be learning how to use Firebase (Google's NoSQL cloud database), however I still plan to learn how to use SQL databases.

3. Denian

Denian Minor Local Deity of Sarcasm | WebDev Staff Member Administrator Halloween VIP Dark Green VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

Ah, seems like I misunderstood - lowdb seems to behave more like mongo... Still, might be useful. For learning mongo, at least (if they really are that similar) - I never got to use mongo before...

For SQL, there's always SQLite if you don't need the fancy stuff. Beware of Java, though - JDBC did strange things with SQLite the last time I tried. Inserted zeroes into integer fields, disregarding the actual input, in 90% of all cases. Might have been due to nearly 10k queries per... was it minute or second?

There's a lesson to be learned here: Always limit the speed of computation to "not significantly faster than IO".

Let's see... Bootstrap is quite nice, but it's better if you don't use angular's "UI Bootstrap" - some bugs were introduced in the conversion into angular directives, and some options lost. Mostly usable, but not complete.

Django... Well, I'm still weirded out by some parts of Python... :)

Nikiro likes this.
  4. fringie

fringie Adventurer Adventurer

Bootstrap :doki:. Might be worth checking out jQuery as-well though as it's pretty sought after and is generally pretty nice.

Nikiro likes this.
  5. Nikiro

Nikiro

Actually I decided to change to flask for now. (Still a Python web framework, so you would still be weirded out by it :p)

6. Nikiro

Nikiro

I know a little jQuery, forgot to mention that ;)

fringie likes this.
  7. Johnathon Lam

Johnathon Lam

I think Reactjs is becoming more prevalent today, considering it takes a component based approach so you can reuse components, good thing about Reactjs is that it only re-renders the part of the page that changes rather than having to re-render the whole DOM.

Nikiro likes this.